Dennis pye pike rod

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Tizer
Chub

Dennis pye pike rod

Post by Tizer »

I have been after one of these for years,I keep getting out bid, I saw one open to offers and offered £100, he accepted,I was over the moon , I rang everyone and told them, In the back of my mind I knew it would go wrong , it always does for me, the next day he said he did not get my address,weird it was on my order details, so I gave it to him, the next day he said he needs my phone number so I gave it to him , The next day (today) he said no one will post it because it is to long, I said how can it be to long ,it is a 10ft rod in 3 sections, I have had 12ft rods in 2 sections before delivered before, I knew this would happen I am gutted wound up and fuming, I have messaged him telling him I want my rod that I paid for and he is the seller ,its up to him to sort it.................................I know in my heart that I will not get the rod, I feel sick

Silfield
Brown Trout

Re: Dennis pye pike rod

Post by Silfield »

I am sure one will turn up one day (and it will be better than the others) but it can be mighty
frustrating when it happens. Guaranteed to raise the blood pressure to boiling point when you have been wronged in such a way. Happened to me twice last year, once funnily enough with a Chapmans 500-still not ever held one to this day!
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Paul F
Sea Trout

Post by Paul F »

Tizer wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:20 pm I have been after one of these for years,I keep getting out bid, I saw one open to offers and offered £100, he accepted,I was over the moon , I rang everyone and told them, In the back of my mind I knew it would go wrong , it always does for me, the next day he said he did not get my address,weird it was on my order details, so I gave it to him, the next day he said he needs my phone number so I gave it to him , The next day (today) he said no one will post it because it is to long, I said how can it be to long ,it is a 10ft rod in 3 sections, I have had 12ft rods in 2 sections before delivered before, I knew this would happen I am gutted wound up and fuming, I have messaged him telling him I want my rod that I paid for and he is the seller ,its up to him to sort it.................................I know in my heart that I will not get the rod, I feel sick

Sorry to hear that, why don't you offer to have the rod collected by parcel force, just ask him.to put it in a tube with your address on.

Or maybe a local tff member could collect it, and post it to you?

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Thank you for replying, I think he wants more money for it and I am not going to reward his lieing and cheating with more money,I would rather wait for another one to come up even if I have to pay more for it

Black Prince
Crucian Carp

Post by Black Prince »

There is one on now £150 ,nothing to do with me,just been surfing,……..Mike

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Did you see the one sold for £18!! :rant: Missed that :Hair out: :doh: !!

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”