River quaggy,

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Mr B
Arctic Char

River quaggy,

Post by Mr B »

I had an interesting chat to a man who .... ( cant say to much) but Who fishes this river.
From what he told me he has been catching some nice Chub in Lewisham on bread crust and some roach and chub further down not far from Catford dogs racetrack in the park!
Not a place I would want to fish now, perhaps 200 years ago.. but good news anyway..

Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

JW1
Grayling

Re: River quaggy,

Post by JW1 »

The Quaggy's a bit shallow but yes the Ravensbourne in the park has some nice chub and perch.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

JW1 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:25 pm The Quaggy's a bit shallow but yes the Ravensbourne in the park has some nice chub and perch.
I have often thought about giving it a go..
I rook my kids for a walk up the Quaggy about 25 years ago... walking in it! There was a lovely deep pool on the bend of the river opposite The Dutch House pub.. often thought about trying it there.
It must of been a lovely little river 500 years ago!
Your not the chap who has the blog about fishing such places by any chance? Fishing the Darent, river Cray, etc.
The river that runs through Kelsy Park in Beckenham has some nice Chub in there too. River Beck? ... could even be The Ravensbourn?
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

JW1
Grayling

Post by JW1 »

No I don't have a blog but I have fished all of those rivers, this little map shows the Ravensbourne system. There are fish in most parts but often its just too shallow to fish, wish I knew where the fish went at these times.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

JW1 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:13 pm No I don't have a blog but I have fished all of those rivers, this little map shows the Ravensbourne system. There are fish in most parts but often its just too shallow to fish, wish I knew where the fish went at these times.

Thats a great map, thanks for that... very interesting.
Its great that the fish are there the water must be getting cleaner..
I have only fished the Darant, shame on me! I am local to all of them too!
I will look out for that blog.. the feller liked using cane rods and old tackle.

A good few months later...... have found some very interesting swims. Tbc...

Return to “Other Rivers”