Broadlands

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Old Man Oakley
Roach

Broadlands

Post by Old Man Oakley »

I was surprised to learn that day tickets are available on the Broadlands lakes. Has anyone got any advice to offer? As a new dad I am in need of escaping for a simple half days fishing after perch, or anything for that matter, which will fall to a float. Thanks all OMO
Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Broadlands

Post by Olly »

You have some excellent fisheries in Hampshire and some good clubs to join. Also a selection of stillwaters, some day tickets.
Christchurch AC and Ringwood & District AC being two clubs with mixed fisheries - but not cheap.

Reading Broadland's rules it seems very carp orientated!

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Olly wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:17 pm You have some excellent fisheries in Hampshire and some good clubs to join. Also a selection of stillwaters, some day tickets.
Christchurch AC and Ringwood & District AC being two clubs with mixed fisheries - but not cheap.

Reading Broadland's rules it seems very carp orientated!
Definitely a carp water... there have been rounds of the British Carp Championships there...
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

http://broadlands-lake.co.uk/lakes-and-river

Here is a link to the waters OMO, some pals of mine had a great day on the river Blackwater a little while ago
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

OM Oakley, I don't know where you are in Hampshire. My younger brother lives in Chandlers Ford and on my very infrequent visits I have fished a couple of little hidden clay pits that held Crucians and small Wildies. If you're anywhere near I can hopefully give you some directions.

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

David I have sent a couple of PM's but they appear to be stuck in my outbox?

Newtocane
Ruffe

Post by Newtocane »

Broadlands is a mainly carp fishery, I think it might have a match/snake lake. It was rumoured that there have been some outbreaks of KHV in the last few years and the fishery stayed open. There are a number of day ticket waters worth a visit around Romsey/Wellow that have tackle shops on site as well. FLE & Witherington Farm spring to mind.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”