Priory ID

The Priory Rods of Bournemouth Rods forum.
Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Priory ID

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

I often wondered what Priory rods were like so when the opportunity arose to acquire one I grasped the nettle.
It's a fairly powerful rod which I expected given the makers proximity to big chub and barbel fishing rivers and by the looks of it good quality with decent cane and ferrules. The rod has been restored prior to my ownership so the rings are not original. The butt ring is lined with a clear insert which may be original, the lined tip ring is threaded and I'm assuming not the original.
I wondered if anyone could identify the model from the pics? It is 11ft long, all split cane and I thought it may be a "Throop"
A little research on the forum suggests Throops could have whole cane butt's or split cane butt's, is that correct?
The rod was in good order when received, I have re-blued the ferrules, polished the butt cap and cleaned and polished the cane.
ImageImageImageImageImage
It would be nice to know if it is a specific model or perhaps a rod made to an individual customers requirements.
Thanks for looking :Hat:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Paul F
Sea Trout

Re: Priory ID

Post by Paul F »

Jeremy that looks pretty much identical to the throop I had, looks a very nice example especially with the tidy up you have done it.

I thought it was an around rod, great for float fishing, and light ledgering

Very nice example :Hat:

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Re: Priory ID

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Paul F wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:54 pm Jeremy that looks pretty much identical to the throop I had, looks a very nice example especially with the tidy up you have done it.

I thought it was an around rod, great for float fishing, and light ledgering

Very nice example :Hat:
Thanks Paul, much obliged :Hat:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Return to “Priory of Bournemouth Cane Rods”