Unknown Aspindale???

The James Aspindale and Sons Rods forum.
Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Unknown Aspindale???

Post by Olly »

Possibly every Severndale - ?? Well at least mine is! Except as it is hollow built it weighs 12oz!
But the other unnamed one recently purchased - with screw winch fitting - at 11ft - weighs 14oz - but is suitable for chub and small barbel!
Both have 24in handles!

Top of the tip section on Severndale is 2.3mm - - on a 11ft Swiftdale is 2.8mm! The unnamed 'chub' rod is 3.5mm.

I have other Aspindales, some all split cane - inc several Goldendales of 10ft - all of which are different, both in t/c and cane diameters.

BeardyRich
Minnow

Post by BeardyRich »

Gilbert wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:34 pm TBH I i think the answer is none ..............unless someone has extended the handle on an Aero No/8 and the script is hiding under the handle

Thanks Gilbert, I didn’t think of that. So, with those specifications and a shorter handle, what could it be?

BeardyRich
Minnow

Post by BeardyRich »

Olly wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:14 pm Possibly every Severndale - ?? Well at least mine is! Except as it is hollow built it weighs 12oz!
But the other unnamed one recently purchased - with screw winch fitting - at 11ft - weighs 14oz - but is suitable for chub and small barbel!
Both have 24in handles!

Top of the tip section on Severndale is 2.3mm - - on a 11ft Swiftdale is 2.8mm! The unnamed 'chub' rod is 3.5mm.

I have other Aspindales, some all split cane - inc several Goldendales of 10ft - all of which are different, both in t/c and cane diameters.
Thanks for the info Olly. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to identify it 100%. I’m calling it an Aero 892 unless I find any more info.
I’ve not actually used it yet either, which is perhaps more important. Planning a day later in the month on the Test when I’ll pair it with my recently purchased Ambidex.

Return to “Aspindale and Sons Cane Rods”