ABU 506..

The ABU Reels forum.
Lea Dweller
Pike

Re: ABU 506..

Post by Lea Dweller »

BeechmereLake wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:26 am
Lea Dweller wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:48 am The items that I am advertising for sale are to be collected from Redditch, I will not post! :Hat:
I must come and see you Lea Dweller what table you on? :Hat:
I will be next to John (Fredline) and next Roger Still?
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Wandle1
Grayling

Post by Wandle1 »

Martin,thanks for info,much appreciated, I would absolutely love to come to Redditch one day,but as you say its a 'brave drive'

Everyone have a good day ..and I'm definitely keeping an eye out for the beast...

Best Adam

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Post by BeechmereLake »

Lea Dweller wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:53 am
BeechmereLake wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:26 am
Lea Dweller wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:48 am The items that I am advertising for sale are to be collected from Redditch, I will not post! :Hat:
I must come and see you Lea Dweller what table you on? :Hat:
I will be next to John (Fredline) and next Roger Still?
Thanks Lea Dweller for coming over to my table, thanks also for selling me the reel, I may just get to use that this winter fishing for some big Dace :Hat:
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

It was a pleasure! I hope that you catch some fine dace while using it! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

SooperClooper
Silver Bream

Post by SooperClooper »

My old dad used a mid 70s 507 for lure fishing for pike, loaded with .35mm Abulon Extra (18lb bs) and had no problems with that and landed pike to 21.5 lbs again no problems.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

An excellent reel the original 507 - barbel trotter!

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

In the late 1970's, I met up with a friend for a session on a local gravel pit, to try fishing for those newfangled 'carp' beasties.
As we started to set up our tackle, he realised that he had left his reel at home.
But I had a spare reel with me, an ABU 506 which `I had just bought, and which came preloaded with that bright blue Abulon line of about 8lb BS. I also remember that it came with a little yellow rubber practice casting plug?
I set the clutch tension on the reel, explained how to click the front button to release the line, and handed it to him.
A lifelong Mitchell man, he regarded the reel with some suspicion, but attached it to his glass fibre rod anyway.

A few minutes later, his dough bobbin twitched, rose slowly from the ground, then shot up to smack into the butt ring of his rod.
He grabbed the rod handle, and held on. The rod took on a lovely fighting curve, but then kept bending.
"HOW DO I GIVE LINE?" he screamed.
I told him to turn the handle backwards, which he did, and the fish started to take line.
He peered closely at the little reel, as it ticked away, working perfectly as it should.
And uttered just one word.
"Eurgh!"

Return to “ABU Reels”