South Weald Brentwood

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Re: South Weald Brentwood

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Aitch wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:44 pm Me and my buddy were on the Eagle that fateful night and it kinda knocked our confidence... it was the last time we fished it... didn't do nights either again for a good 6 months
I think our night at Hainault when the group ( with various cloaks and stranger atire ) dancing and chanting round their fire had the same effect

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Never fished the Eagle,not being a Londoner.Re serious faces,why did us spessy anglers look so serious in 70's photos>

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Grumpy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:19 pm Never fished the Eagle,not being a Londoner.Re serious faces,why did us spessy anglers look so serious in 70's photos>
I think sitting in a tank suit on a badly dyed Woolies sunlounger for days would wipe the smile from most. Worrying if the person to whom you gave your camera would either drop it or run off set the expression. And of course it was put forward as top secret , so smiling broke the rules.

Jim Gibbinson broke the mould by often looking like he was happy!

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Ian.R.McDonald wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:24 pm Let's add Silly Haircuts to Silly Hats
My mate Tony's wife was a senior manager at Thames Water. I sent Tony this photo of me on the Lockwood with a dodgy ticket. As a joke she sent it to the Senior bailiff. I got a super email saying that he had reviewed my poaching and had decided that because it was commited before he was born ( !) he would let me off. And the ps was " nice haircut".

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Ian.R.McDonald wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:21 pm
Grumpy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:19 pm Never fished the Eagle,not being a Londoner.Re serious faces,why did us spessy anglers look so serious in 70's photos>
I think sitting in a tank suit on a badly dyed Woolies sunlounger for days would wipe the smile from most. Worrying if the person to whom you gave your camera would either drop it or run off set the expression. And of course it was put forward as top secret , so smiling broke the rules.

Jim Gibbinson broke the mould by often looking like he was happy!
Those tanksuits were killers,so heavy,especially when wet.You could never get really comfortable on those loungers.Modern anglers don't know how good they have it.

Mitch300
Roach

Post by Mitch300 »

Since this thread has become more about hair length and rock music than South Weald Brentwood, here's my contribution. I caught this fish in a Colnbrook pit a day after returning from the 75 Reading Pop Festival which Yes headlined.
scan0002.jpg
Anyone else at that one?

G. B.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Mitch300 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:50 am Since this thread has become more about hair length and rock music than South Weald Brentwood, here's my contribution. I caught this fish in a Colnbrook pit a day after returning from the 75 Reading Pop Festival which Yes headlined.
scan0002.jpg
Anyone else at that one?

G. B.
I was there! pouring rain and Supertramp having to put plastic sheet over the keyboard to reduce the chance of electrocution. Thin Lizzy and Babe Ruth

Nice bream! South Weald ( back slightly on track?)was stocked with 5-7lb Bream from Abberton reservoir. Catfood paste had no chance and the silver foil indicator was dancing within 5 mins of casting. We were probably sat behind bare hooks after an hour

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Nice two tone Bream,hair ain't bad.Abberton bream were stocked into Lake Meadows,Billericay.Some were huge.Due to the change in environment they were all dead within six weeks.Great move by the authorities,I don't think!

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Grumpy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:15 pm Nice two tone Bream,hair ain't bad.Abberton bream were stocked into Lake Meadows,Billericay.Some were huge.Due to the change in environment they were all dead within six weeks.Great move by the authorities,I don't think!
And they were stocked into the Essex rivers; the Roding and Chelmer produced huge bream for the time.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Rutilus
Roach

Post by Rutilus »

Tengisgol wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:43 pm
Grumpy wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:15 pm Nice two tone Bream,hair ain't bad.Abberton bream were stocked into Lake Meadows,Billericay.Some were huge.Due to the change in environment they were all dead within six weeks.Great move by the authorities,I don't think!
And they were stocked into the Essex rivers; the Roding and Chelmer produced huge bream for the time.
Also into the Suffolk Stour and the 12lb 14oz record caught in 1971 was widely reckoned to be a fish from Abberton.

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”