River Don Grayling

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Hovis
Tench

Re: River Don Grayling

Post by Hovis »

As above, there are plenty of free sections where you're almost guaranteed a fish. Drop me a pm if you don't yet have a plan. If you look at my journal there should be a few entries on Don Grayling.
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

BreadFlake wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:07 pm
Cat wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:28 pm Hi, you need to be careful there...a good friend of mine fishes in central Sheffield on occasion and seems to get nothing but proper hassle. However, I'm pretty certain there's at least one chap on here, who I can't put a name to has experience of fishing the Don in Sheffield, and would be able to point you in the right direction. The other alternative, depending on where you're coming from is a ticket on the Derwent around Matlock...with good grayling fishing, Regards Cat
Thanks for your concern, I appreciate it.

I have an inkling a few members on here have fished it so fingers crossed they come across this thread.

I'm coming from Mexborough (Doncaster) on the train as I don't drive yet so am rather limited on where I fish as tickets can be very expensive.
In the Late Sixties I used to get my maggots from the Don Bait Co in Mexborough. They were sent by train to be picked up from the nearest station. I wonder are they still in business?

BreadFlake
Perch

Post by BreadFlake »

Catfish.017 wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:28 pm
BreadFlake wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:07 pm
Cat wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 2:28 pm Hi, you need to be careful there...a good friend of mine fishes in central Sheffield on occasion and seems to get nothing but proper hassle. However, I'm pretty certain there's at least one chap on here, who I can't put a name to has experience of fishing the Don in Sheffield, and would be able to point you in the right direction. The other alternative, depending on where you're coming from is a ticket on the Derwent around Matlock...with good grayling fishing, Regards Cat
Thanks for your concern, I appreciate it.

I have an inkling a few members on here have fished it so fingers crossed they come across this thread.

I'm coming from Mexborough (Doncaster) on the train as I don't drive yet so am rather limited on where I fish as tickets can be very expensive.
In the Late Sixties I used to get my maggots from the Don Bait Co in Mexborough. They were sent by train to be picked up from the nearest station. I wonder are they still in business?
Unfortunately, there are no tackle shops in Mexborough. The closest would be Paul's at Denaby.

Return to “Other Rivers”