Classic bags for the traditional angler?

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: Classic bags for the traditional angler?

Post by Mark »

And very nice it is too Martin.
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Northern Eel
Chub

Post by Northern Eel »

I have 2 Hardy canvas bags that I use regularly, the first one is
The Hardy Brook Bag.

It's a nice tidy bag, albeit a little small, ideally suited to carrying a small,amount of tackle for float fishing or spinning.
It does have a handy ring on the side, which I thread a small towel through

The second one I bought is much larger its
The Hardy Test Bag

This bag can carry quite a lot of tackle & has 2 front pockets, I use this bag the most, I've even packed it up for carp fishing overnighters.
It has 2 external rings & can easily fit a 1 litre flask inside, along with tackle.
It does come with a waterproof internal lining, which is designed for carrying home trout, but I removed this (attached with poppers)

I bought both from eBay for slightly less than the RRP, they were expensive as far as bags go, but they are quality & look the part & should (hopefully) last me a lifetime.
"Chasing frothy bubbles while the world is full of troubles"

"Simple pleasures maybe, but very real ones, which seem all the more precious in these restless modern days."

'BB' Denys Watkins-Pitchford

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Scott wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:33 pm These are nice, British handmade and a tad cheaper than Brady, Barbour and Hardy...

http://www.chapmanbags.com/rod-and-gun/ ... ck-14.html
I have a Chapmans bag that my wife got me for an Anniversary present a few years ago... quality wise far better than my Hardy bag. I have a Brady as well plus a few more lesser known as in Prestige, but fine bags all the same... Chapmans tops for me though... Quality throughout.
I am a bit of a bagoholic though..

Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Yes Chapmans, made in Carlisle, really are very good. They will also make bespoke items for you at not ridiculous prices. Obviously being UK made and of the highest quality they are not in any way cheap, but worth every penny I'm my book :Hat:

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Liphook wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 12:18 am Yes Chapmans, made in Carlisle, really are very good. They will also make bespoke items for you at not ridiculous prices. Obviously being UK made and of the highest quality they are not in any way cheap, but worth every penny I'm my book :Hat:
Thats right, Carlisle,
Your right there not cheap, but made really well, I love my one.
Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”