Lee Weir?

The Lee & Sons Rods forum.
Tonkin Wand
Grayling

Re: Lee Weir?

Post by Tonkin Wand »

I cannot help much , I have a Lee catalog dated 1962. No 10ft 3" rods and a predominance of glass determining their future of rod manufacture direction! WEIR was a brand name used by Edwards (later Black Seal). This range of rods were imports of the mid 20th century. :read:

2wood
Minnow

Post by 2wood »

I spent a couple of hours last night poring through 619 posts regarding the "Record Breaker". I found many pictures covering the years when this rod was offered by Allcocks and, most helpful, a post by Wallys-Cast of measurements of the bamboo across the flats. I have measured my rod just above/below the windings on the three sections. Here is a comparison Wal.'s Record breaker and my rod.
RB Lee
Top 2.8 3.1
5.7 6.1
Mid 6.9 7.1
9.5 11.2
Butt 10.0 12.3
12.0 13.8
Although the tops are pretty close, my rod is definitely thicker for the bottom half.
Personally, I think the original measurements I gave for my rod, at the tip-top and male ferrules would have been sufficient for comparison and I would still like to see them for a Record Breaker.
All in all, mine certainly looks the same and would serve the same use. Since Lee merged with Allcocks in 1964, it seems possible that this is their version of the Record Keeper. I wonder what they called it.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

:dancing:

Return to “Lee & Sons Cane Rods”