Abu Cardinal 54 drag washers - different configurations?

The ABU Reels forum.
Fenns
Stickleback

Re: Abu Cardinal 54 drag washers - different configurations?

Post by Fenns »

Thank you Martin - I will look forward to doing this at the weekend and will follow your advice and see how it goes with standard washers first, although I am susceptible to the odd 'technical gimmick' :Chuckle: I have to say they have markedly improved the drag on my Mitchell spool (and before anyone else says it I know that's not too hard ..... but I still love them)

Am I correct in my interpretation i.e. remove one of the two metal washers as indicated in the photo of jeremy's reel?

Kind Regards,

Simon

BeechmereLake
Brown Trout

Re: Abu Cardinal 54 drag washers - different configurations?

Post by BeechmereLake »

Fenns wrote: Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:56 pm Thank you Martin - I will look forward to doing this at the weekend and will follow your advice and see how it goes with standard washers first, although I am susceptible to the odd 'technical gimmick' :Chuckle: I have to say they have markedly improved the drag on my Mitchell spool (and before anyone else says it I know that's not too hard ..... but I still love them)

Am I correct in my interpretation i.e. remove one of the two metal washers as indicated in the photo of jeremy's reel?

Kind Regards,

Simon
Not remove a metal pressure plate but a teflon drag washer, try just two instead of 3 see how loose it is.
" It is a sinister place yet powerfully fascinating"

"BB"

Return to “ABU Reels”