Will Yates and Chris Yates - 'Illumination' - Live

Listen to recordings of all things angling.
Kev Parr
Perch

Will Yates and Chris Yates - 'Illumination' - Live

Post by Kev Parr »

Hey All

Just in case anyone missed this at the weekend.

The Radio 3 programme 'Night Tracks' hosted the After Dark festival at which Will Yates (performing as Memotone) played live. Will recorded Chris Yates reading excerpts from 'Nightwalk' which he then incorporated into a live set. It is spellbinding.

The whole concert was brilliant - I listened to it in chunks. And Will and Chris's collaboration is split into three parts, appearing around the 15 minute mark and then an hour or so later with the third part around 2 hours further on.

The link is live for a month and definitely worth a listen.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0015lyf

best Kev

Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Will Yates and Chris Yates - 'Illumination' - Live

Post by Pallenpool »

Thanks Kev for the link - I missed that, a late night session is on the horizon.
:Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Hope you've found time for a listen, Pallenpool. Will is seriously talented (and his Dad is alright, too.....!)

Pallenpool
Zander

Post by Pallenpool »

Kev Parr wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 6:06 pm Hey All

Just in case anyone missed this at the weekend.

The Radio 3 programme 'Night Tracks' hosted the After Dark festival at which Will Yates (performing as Memotone) played live. Will recorded Chris Yates reading excerpts from 'Nightwalk' which he then incorporated into a live set. It is spellbinding.

The whole concert was brilliant - I listened to it in chunks. And Will and Chris's collaboration is split into three parts, appearing around the 15 minute mark and then an hour or so later with the third part around 2 hours further on.

The link is live for a month and definitely worth a listen.....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0015lyf

best Kev
Thoroughly absorbing soundscapes, I found myself hanging on to every word spoken by Chris. Such is the power music commands when considered, it moves one beyond the narrative. I listened with the an intensity as described by Chris when he chanced upon the deer.

Of course I have read and reread the paragraphs over time from the book, but never has the experience been so alive and real in my mind.

Magical and well worth anyones time.

Many thanks for the posting Kev.

Peter
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Kev Parr
Perch

Post by Kev Parr »

Brilliant. Glad you enjoyed it, Peter.

Best Kev

Return to “Pod Casts and Radio Recordings Etc”