A different hat for every trip

Got some interesting traditional angler's clothing you want to talk about.
Kev D
Chub

Re: A different hat for every trip

Post by Kev D »

Oh dear ,l shouldn't have read this thread. It made me wonder how many hats l have .
This little lot were gleaned just from the sitting room and hallway.

In my defence l have to say that the haul includes two woolly balaclavas knitted by my late Mum and surely they don't count towards the hat count.

Unfortunatly l know that there are absentees under the van-seat and in coat pockets
20210108_202515.jpg
The grey cap was my regular fishing hat until three or four years ago. I've had it since l was 17.

Unfortunatly it seems that since T'other half took a liking to it after borrowing it to attend a Steam Punk-themed Country Show it is no longer mine .
20210108_180830_resized.jpg
It might be for the best , as coupled with my grey felt Swedish army jacket l might look as if l'm waiting for The South To Rise.
My name is Kev....l ,may have too many hats......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

I think I’m up to 20 hats but for fishing it boils down to one of my Tilley hats in good weather and a Tweed cap or hat in poor weather. I have a lovely Harris Tweed hat but it’s so warm that I can only use it when there is frost or snow on the ground and the canal is freezing over!
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

My lass on occasion calls me Harry The Hat... I have approx 30 of em... beanies, woollies, stockmans, bakers, flatcaps, baseball caps, a few novelty ones.... more than I can possibly need
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Gobio Gobio
Grayling

Post by Gobio Gobio »

I have a hat or two. I have some tweed flat caps which are my favorites, I recently lost my favorite Alan Payne cap so having to suffer with a second best Barbour cap. I have a couple of Russian Ushanka's and a couple of what I think are Wolf fur which are amazing but Im too embarassed to wear them outside the house.

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

Trilby's and bowler hat, the first for most days, the second on special occasions such as Remembrance Day Parades with my furled umbrella, both from my grandfather, also worn in his memory. He was a true role model for me. The other time is a special angling day such as May 1st June 16th, I can’t wait for the latter.

JAA
Grayling

Post by JAA »

One wide brimmed, waxed, to keep the sun off when it's warm, one beanie when it's cold.
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯ ><(((º>
Cole aka JAA
https://crucians.org/
https://www.anotherangler.net/

Banksy
Brown Trout

Post by Banksy »

I also have too many hats, but the one which I most love to use is an old wide-brimmed straw hat.
On those rare days when it is almost too hot to fish, it is thrown into the water, left to soak for a couple of minutes, retrieved and plonked on my head.
The cooling effect of the evaporation is blissful.
:Hat:

Return to “Traditional Angler's Clothing”