Essex and Suffolk Stour

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Tengisgol
Barbel

Essex and Suffolk Stour

Post by Tengisgol »

Are any other members here fishing this river at the moment, or perhaps have any interest in doing so?

If that is the case, I would be very interested to hear from you and perhaps you might leave a short note on this thread.

Here are some from the last few weeks of the season. Please do drop a note below.

Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Re: Essex and Suffolk Stour

Post by Grumpy »

Hi Phil,
I have fished the Suffolk Stour in the past.Had some good Chub from a stretch Kelvedon AA used to lease.Good Pike from other areas.I really should fish it more often,a lovely river in unspoilt surroundings.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Billericay and District have a stretch of the Stour at Henny Street... I'll have to give it a go when it all starts up again
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Hi Phil,

I fish the LAA stretch at Glemsford a couple of times a season. They have another 2 stretches higher up and 2 short ones around Bures but I’ve failed to find 3 of them them so far! LAA maps and directions are notoriously poor!

Phil (of the tiny pike :Chuckle: )
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Thameside
Gudgeon

Post by Thameside »

Duckett wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:52 pm I’ve failed to find 3 of them them so far! LAA maps and directions are notoriously poor!

I know it's not traditional, but would it be worth getting them to use the app what3words

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Henny Street seems 'available' to many different clubs! Civil Service AS. Even the Rother Fishery members?

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Thameside wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 2:06 pm
Duckett wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:52 pm I’ve failed to find 3 of them them so far! LAA maps and directions are notoriously poor!

I know it's not traditional, but would it be worth getting them to use the app what3words
Do you know, I use that all the time and hadn’t thought to suggest! I’ll have a go!

Cheers,

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Stathamender
Tench

Post by Stathamender »

There's an LAA stretch just by the lake at Bures: turn right at the gate and walk to the river bank and you'll find LAA signs, for the one above the town go down the ginnel just before 'Beautiful You' (https://www.google.com/maps/@51.9718804 ... 384!8i8192) and there's a path at the end which leads to it c 1/4 mile. Again there are LAA signs. When I go in August the river around Bures is nearly always too low and weedy to fish.

Back 50 years ago there was a pike hotspot at Glemsford, just by where the River Glem joins the Stour, that had monsters in it. I hooked one that must have been the size of Moby Dick which straightened the treble hooks on my live bait rig.
Iain

What is your favourite word?
I suspect it could be “love”, despite its drawbacks in the rhyming department.
Björn Ulvaeus

Return to “Other Rivers”