Another super book

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Walkerburt
Roach

Re: Another super book

Post by Walkerburt »

Not for me at all, Olly, but each to their own, it seems
The Watcher by the Bridge

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

I've been on a bass boat travelling at 70mph+ across the water, I lost my hat. In France, the idea is to puddle along in an inflatable with an electric outboard - very peaceful.

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

It's powerboating interspersed with fishing of sorts! I understand the need to cover great distances on massive waters but it's an entirely different pursuit to that of a relaxed drift on a loch in an old rowboat! About 300 horsepower and $150ks of a difference :shocked: The levels and complexity of GPS/sonar electronics on board a modern bass boat are simply mind boggling. Absolutely no expense is spared and no quarter given in the pursuit of their quarry. Been there, tried it, marvelled at it in many ways and also scratched my head at it in many other ways! It's not my cup of tea. However I do really love bobbing about on the sea in our RIB chasing our european bass by sight, exploratory 'blind' casting and a bit of trolling to find the fish - it's not what you could call 'traditional' fly or lure fishing, but it is thoroughly absorbing :Thumb:

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Dave :Hat: - have you tried the inflatable bivvy boat yet? Goodness only knows what happens when it is windy or stormy! All your tackle including your bed and cooking kit in a rubber boat on a lake - - :Scared:

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

I think I’ve lived life in the slow lane…..
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Olly wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 6:15 pm Dave :Hat: - have you tried the inflatable bivvy boat yet? Goodness only knows what happens when it is windy or stormy! All your tackle including your bed and cooking kit in a rubber boat on a lake - - :Scared:
Sorry for the late reply Olly but, no, I haven't got there yet. I have seen loads of videos of guys towing one or even two inflatables behind them and thought "Nah, I'll give that a miss". I'd use a boat to find an area and maybe to bait and drop rigs but all this bobbing about with megabucks worth of gear at the mercy of the French weather? I refer you to my previous comment.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Thanks for the heads up with the book.
I have just ordered one.
Looking forward to reading it.

Mr B
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Lovely to cook on wood on the river. I look for elderberry in the first instance, it lights and burns so quickly. The tree grows fast so there are always plenty of dead branches available and they are the basis for the kindling needed on a wet, cold and windy day on the upper Wye.
Nothing quite like it…..
John Harding

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I got my copy this morning.... can't wait to have a read.
It came free with a bird dropping!

Mr B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

I hope that you enjoy it Mr B
John Harding

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”