Blue Flash

The Other Reels forum.
Russell Brown
Rudd

Blue Flash

Post by Russell Brown »

ImageImageImageImageImage
A Blue Flash FSR,Swiss made by Blasi.It has lovely brass gears,under-slung drag adjustment and a screw off perspex spool,oh and a folding handle.Late 50's,60's ? A slight annoyance is the trip-lever that touches the return buffer causing it to click.I've had a fiddle but can't cure it.............Lovely colour though 😎

Stingray
Grayling

Re: Blue Flash

Post by Stingray »

Fantastic reel in great condition, RB. A file would cure that click I'm sure or maybe just leave as is to be safe. I would be cautious that the plastic of those spools and handle knob might suffer from brittleness in its old age. I had a Swiss reel called a Monti Super once, great reel with a decent sale value.

Russell Brown
Rudd

Post by Russell Brown »

Stingray wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:33 am Fantastic reel in great condition, RB. A file would cure that click I'm sure or maybe just leave as is to be safe. I would be cautious that the plastic of those spools and handle knob might suffer from brittleness in its old age. I had a Swiss reel called a Monti Super once, great reel with a decent sale value.
Yes,I think sunlight wouldn't do the spools any good at all.I removed the rotor yesterday and tweaked the trip lever but the click won't go away.Tomorrow........I'll file it. 👍

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Another very interesting reel RB :Thumb:

Jokki
Ruffe

Post by Jokki »

RB super nice reel. :Thumb:

While we're at it, here are pictures of the Bläsi "Master-Reel" from 1955. Rear brake, anti-reverse and half bail.

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Another gem Russell. ImageImage
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Jokki
Ruffe

Post by Jokki »

The company is called Bläsi

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Fredline wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:14 pm Another gem Russell.
ImageImage

So similar to my little Swiss Record which I think is early 50's. It still gets a lot of outings, probably because it puts a smile on my face whenever it goes on a rod, also it is surprising nice to use.
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Russell Brown
Rudd

Post by Russell Brown »

Silfield wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 2:42 pm
Fredline wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:14 pm Another gem Russell.
ImageImage

So similar to my little Swiss Record which I think is early 50's. It still gets a lot of outings, probably because it puts a smile on my face whenever it goes on a rod, also it is surprising nice to use.
Crickey Silfield,that Swiss Record is SOOOOOO delicious I'm actually nauseous with envy.😎

Russell Brown
Rudd

Post by Russell Brown »

Russell Brown wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 1:57 am
Stingray wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 12:33 am Fantastic reel in great condition, RB. A file would cure that click I'm sure or maybe just leave as is to be safe. I would be cautious that the plastic of those spools and handle knob might suffer from brittleness in its old age. I had a Swiss reel called a Monti Super once, great reel with a decent sale value.
Yes,I think sunlight wouldn't do the spools any good at all.I removed the rotor yesterday and tweaked the trip lever but the click won't go away.Tomorrow........I'll file it. 👍
After a bit of filing,Blue Flash no longer clicks.👍

Return to “Other Reels”