Aspindale Avon.

The James Aspindale and Sons Rods forum.
Catfish.017
Eel

Aspindale Avon.

Post by Catfish.017 »

Visited the boot sale again this morning. Nothing of note apart from one chap having a few odd sections of cane and glass fibre. Curiously there was one whole cane butt section with Aspindale Avon in the usual handwritten script, the number, if any , rubbed away. What puzzled me is that the section was five foot long?. The bits were from his dad's garage, part of several bundles which he agreed to bring along next week. Looking forward to that!

Olly
Wild Carp

Re: Aspindale Avon.

Post by Olly »

Nothing puzzles me any more about Aspindales!

I assume this is a whole cane butt - what is the exact length as the original Avon was 2 joints - whole cane butt + split cane spliced into whole cane tip.
The Avon 2 was 3 sections.

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Olly wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:49 pm Nothing puzzles me any more about Aspindales!

I assume this is a whole cane butt - what is the exact length as the original Avon was 2 joints - whole cane butt + split cane spliced into whole cane tip.
The Avon 2 was 3 sections.
I couldn't actually measure it but I know it was at least five foot maybe more, whole cane one piece no splice. Sounds like it may be from the original Avon. I'm hoping the top section will turn up next Sunday!

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Sounds very much like it!

Return to “Aspindale and Sons Cane Rods”