STOLEN REEL

This is the place where forthcoming events like fishing tackle fairs, game fairs, book launches and similar events can be posted.
Kev D
Chub

STOLEN REEL

Post by Kev D »

A TTF member's car was broken into two nights ago . Amongst items taken was a rather special centre-pin reel.
The owner who apart from being a TFF member is also a very good friend is is obviously dejected but is now sadly resigned to the loss. I have persuaded him to at least supply me with a picture of the reel though just in case it surfaces again.
The reel was made by Gary Mills two or three years ago and is based on one of his standard designs with added customer input . It is a deep green colour.

Significantly there is personalised "Birthday Related" wording engraved on the back plate.
20220524_041011_resized(1).jpg
Gary Mills mentioned that this somewhat reduced the reel's value . However in this situation it could prove
very useful for identification!
Equally if anyone is offered a Gary Mills reel with signs of having engraving removed bells should ring.
The theft occured in East Sussex but who knows where the reel is now.

The bag it was in also contained general terminal tackle and a couple if cheap ,lightweight modern fixed spool reels.
Any help or information would be appreciated. :Hat:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Cat
Chub

Re: STOLEN REEL

Post by Cat »

Will keep an eye out as you never know.

Kev D
Chub

Post by Kev D »

Cat wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 8:52 am Will keep an eye out as you never know.
As you say ;"You never know."
There is always a chance. Thank you
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

Sorry to hear that 😞 I will keep my eyes and ears open

Kev D
Chub

Post by Kev D »

Liphook wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:40 am Sorry to hear that 😞 I will keep my eyes and ears open
Thank you and the same to others who've taken time to read this post.
I remember going with my friend and his excitement when he went to discuss the reel's design. Then his anticipation during the seemingly interminal wait for its completion.
The very least l can do for him is put the word out .
Last edited by Kev D on Tue May 24, 2022 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wanderer
Brown Trout

Post by Wanderer »

It's always sad when things are stolen.
In this case, it's obviously not just the monetary loss but sentimental value, too.

I do hope your reel can be found and the perpetrators are found.

I despise the thieving scum !
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Thieving swine is too good a description.If I caught the bugger's I'd cut their hands off.So sorry this has happened.I had some tackle stolen from my van years ago.The police told me there is a thriving trade in stolen tackle.What is stolen in the South of the country ends up in the North and vice versa.
What a sorry state this great country is now in.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

I’d be mortified if I lost my Gary Mills bespoke which also has a personal engraving. I shall keep my eyes open for it.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Kev D
Chub

Post by Kev D »

Duckett wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:55 pm I’d be mortified if I lost my Gary Mills bespoke which also has a personal engraving. I shall keep my eyes open for it.

Phil
That's all that can be asked , thank you :Hat: .
My friend has been a bit too philosophical about his loss . Or maybe he's just being realistic about the chances of its return.
Hopefully this post might plant a seed or two in the minds of people reading it and maybe one day , just possibly the reel might surface somewhere.

Return to “Fishing Tackle, Game Fairs and Other Events”