This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Wally Roy
Roach

Re: RIVER WALLINGTON

Post by Wally Roy »

Lovely fish Moley😊.

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Moley wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:58 am Big enough Rob and certainly qualifies as a reportable fish for the CSG.......they have to be over 4lb.

This came from Boarhunt so unless the BEAST is another bigger version it means there must be at least two decent chub in the Wally!

Such fun.

As for the record Gonk, are there any over ten inches in the Wally?

The eight incher is the biggest Fatty has seen and caught, so reality dictates that a larger Gonk from the Wally could be a pipe dream?

Good fun trying though.

As ever, ...,...

Moley
The biggest Chub I've weighed was 3lb 13 and Rod Storey has had one at the size both caught several years ago now, I have caught bigger, I guestimate about 4 and a half pounds but had no scales, needless to say I went out and purchased some the following week, the same as yours infact, I have seen clonking Chub in several places along the river. From reports from people who have hooked the beast it is a big beast indeed. As for a record gonk from the Wally......one day 🤞
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Just scraped over the magic four and a good fish for a river as small as the Wally.

Fatty has hooked a large fish from the Bridge Pool at Boarhunt but previously but assumed it was silver tourist that had got lost......never saw it mind, so could be the fabled monster?

By the by the chub that was caught (see pic) fell to a double AA link ledger with a lump of meats bait.

The rod was the Wallington Wigeon made by Old Rod. This rod is swiftly becoming the go to rod for the Wally as it is that good!

The reel as usual was a Youngs 'Pin and three pound line.

Two steak pies were scoffed on the day, washed down with very nearly a whole big Stanley flask of tea. Afters was a couple of Caramacs to aid digestion, of course.

As ever, .......

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Wallyboy Rob
Chub

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Superb my friend, especially the caramacs :drool:

So far that is the Biggest Chub weighed for a Pdas water, the biggest on the record list is 3lb 5oz as it was witnessed. I'm sure the beast is a Chub, if it was a silver visitor it would have gone airborne and would be seen

Very well don again :Hat:

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson

Wallyboy Rob
Chub

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Another feather in the Wally's cap, one of my Bailiff team, Mike French had this Salmon Smolt today

Wallyboy Rob
Chub

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

I had a fantastic start to my season on the Wally with lots of fish and amazing vistas. Here is a link to my PDAS forum catch report.

http://portsmouthdas.club/forum/index.p ... tedell-and

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

A fine report Mr Wallyboy.Sounds like we had very similar days.Small stream fishing,priceless!!

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Wallyboy Rob wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:36 am I had a fantastic start to my season on the Wally with lots of fish and amazing vistas. Here is a link to my PDAS forum catch report.

http://portsmouthdas.club/forum/index.p ... tedell-and
Wonderful report of your day Sir Robert of Wally!
I look forward to catching up with you on the bank this season, sorry life has got in the way lately! :fishing1: :Hat:

Wallyboy Rob
Chub

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Take a day off for a Wally session Tel/Trev/Bob....tell them I said it's ok mate

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

hello Guys been a long time, rob a lovely mixed bag there, great to hear that magical little river is still doing well, myself i have not been fishing in two years now part of me is missing it but i can't find anywhere near me that i want to go, all carp and commercial or to public for me these days, I have issues, getting worse with age. hopefully i will find somewhere that suits me in the not to distant future. i hope to be able to make the jolly this year all being well, better buy a rod licence at some point might give me the kick i need.

regards

BJP :Hat:

Return to “Other Rivers”