Hook patterns gone for ever?

The place you will find all those traditional terminal tackle items.
JAA
Grayling

Re: Hook patterns gone for ever?

Post by JAA »

Coral Maestro wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:05 pm
JAA wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:04 am
Coral Maestro wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:36 am
Sealey Speedbarbs (remember them?) were the same. Sharp hooks but the barb was cut too deep so they occasionally broke at the barb. It's a shame because I thought the shape made them very secure while playing fish.

I don't recall those tbh but they look interesting.

I skipped straight from JH's to ESP G4 Raptors, despite the silly name they seem really good (I still use them). T4's as well. Honourable mention for Mustard Carp-X1s and X4's as well, although I'd prefer them not to be quite so shiny.

Very sorry to see S3's bite the dust a bit back, due to (allegedly) a toys/pram related incident.
In the larger sizes they are still around as Owner Carp-TAFF CT5.
Nowadays I'm on ESP Cryogen Stiff Riggers for carp and Kamasan B980 and 983 for smaller specimen fish. Drennan Barbel hooks are my choice on the French rivers for Barbel, Chub and Carp. The average French river in my neck of the woods is a snag pit so you need strong hooks.
The B980's look good, I might try those out. I do use Kamasan B960 occasionally, but they dont really seem stronger than Animals, certainly the wire's no thicker and the point to the bend length for Animals is longer and has an incurve.

I did use the Drennan barbel hooks for a bit - they're strong but you need to keep an eye on the points...
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯ ><(((º>
Cole aka JAA
https://crucians.org/
https://www.anotherangler.net/

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Has anyone tried the Kamasan Barbel Maxx?

I have used Drennan Boilie hooks and the Continental Boilie hooks for barbel, chub and carp.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Dated... yes, but not gone forever.
Got a few packs.

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Traditional Terminal Tackle”