RIVER WALLINGTON

This forum belongs to the other rivers.
Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Re: RIVER WALLINGTON

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Nice to hear from you Bernie, I'll put your name down for September's Jolly

Maybe a TFFer around your way might know a little stream locally that will help you find your fishing mojo again my friend, I'm sure there must be some around Chertsey
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

Thanks rob
two years ago i was on the Wey around Byfleet and Ripley areas but an upturn in anti social behavior on the Weybridge stretches and cars being broken into over at the other location i called it a day. I just dont need the grief.

regards

BJP

Bobthefloat
Rainbow Trout

Post by Bobthefloat »

Bjp wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 4:25 pm hello Guys been a long time, rob a lovely mixed bag there, great to hear that magical little river is still doing well, myself i have not been fishing in two years now part of me is missing it but i can't find anywhere near me that i want to go, all carp and commercial or to public for me these days, I have issues, getting worse with age. hopefully i will find somewhere that suits me in the not to distant future. i hope to be able to make the jolly this year all being well, better buy a rod licence at some point might give me the kick i need.

regards

BJP :Hat:
Be good to see you Bernie :Hat:

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

Hopefully you will Terry have just bought my rod licence online so no excuses, and would be great to see some friendly faces again

regards

Bernie

Moley
Brown Trout

Post by Moley »

Dear Bernie, I too used to fish the Wey a lot. Also the places you mentioned. Yes the river at Weybridge, especially the Desborough Cut could get some what tasty at night so stopped going like you.

The Wey at Ripley, because you had to park a fair way from your car meant they became targets for thieves. There were one or two secret bits that could be used with impunity but one particularly needed the friendship of the lock keeper and a key.

Godalming Angling Society has some good non carpie waters and miles of river seldom fished, so if
Fatty lived up that way still would join them.

Moved to the South Downs to be near the Meon and Wally......no regrets so far.

One of the final straws was getting burgled for the third time.

Could it be time for you to make the move Bernie?

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Bjp
Chub

Post by Bjp »

Dear Moley

Sorry you have been burgled so many times happened to me years ago around xmas was not a good time for anyone.

Godalming is one of my last known options around the surrey area, as you say it is time to move and would do it in a heart beat
but we have 4 elderly relatives in the chertsey area and it is just impossible to move at the present time.

So at present here we have to stay but i am glad to see you have made it over the wire and across the border i hope you enjoy your hard earned freedom you never know even matron might mellow a bit in more peaceful surroundings.

kind regards

Bernie :Hat:

Return to “Other Rivers”