Newark Needle float

Other traditional odds and sods can be found in here.
AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Newark Needle float

Post by AshbyCut »

I was rummaging about under my bed tonight (don't ask, but cats were involved !!!) when I came across a box I must have had for years ... including a hook tier ... a disgorger, ... 12 quills from4in to 9 1/2in ... One float I will post about elsewhere ... and these 3 Newark Needle Floats of 5in., 7in., and 8 3/4in. If nothing else ... they certainly look splendid !!!

"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Mitch300
Roach

Post by Mitch300 »

I believe I have the same set of three needle floats. If memory serves me correctly, they may have been an Angling Times freebie, posted to you when you sent in a few coupons. Late 1970s?

G. B.

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Sorry Mal, they did look different, futuristic even but they were pretty awful. Very good for stirring paint and for prizing lids off of things and impromptu darts however, considering the amount given away by AT I doubt that 2% were put into regular use.

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

Ive also got one somewhere that I think came free taped to the Angling Times. I seem to remember I tried it once or twice on the local lodges I fished at the time and then put it away and have never used it since. I had presumed that it was designed more for rivers ?
Trevor

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

I hadn't thought about them for years. I might still have one tucked away somewhere. I can't remember actually using them.
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Actually not a bad Grayling or dace float. The plastic tip could do with a bit more colour but they work ok.

Return to “Other Traditional Items of Tackle”