At the Sign of the Eel.

This forum is for discussing eels.
Fredline
Tench

At the Sign of the Eel.

Post by Fredline »

P & M again.
ImageImage
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: At the Sign of the Eel.

Post by Mr B »

Wow!!!! What a sign and the Pie and Mash!!!!
Looks fantastic! Just how I like it.
Got to give that one a go. Well worth a trip "Over The Water"
Thats the best Eel and Pie House sign I have seen.

Mark Pie-Filled! (Aka Mr B)
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Mr B wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 8:45 pm Wow!!!! What a sign and the Pie and Mash!!!!
Looks fantastic! Just how I like it.
Got to give that one a go. Well worth a trip "Over The Water"
Thats the best Eel and Pie House sign I have seen.

Mark Pie-Filled! (Aka Mr B)
If you can get to Redbridge Station one day next week, consider it my treat.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I am looking into parking at the moment over there... its mission on a train ( gat a bad back at the mo)
I have my folding bike I can put in my van... sort of park and ride... I will send a pm.. sounds great though!
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

Takes me back, when we were in Tottenham we used to go to the one up Dalston way,happy days

GameKeeper
Bleak

Post by GameKeeper »

I remember my grandfather taking me to the pie and mash shop in East Ham and a fishmonger nearby always had lots of live eels for sale back in the 50s and 60s

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Hi mate,
Thanks for you kind offer! That sounds grea!!!
I can drive over and park up then ride my bike to the "ronyvoo"
Not sure how flexible you can be but next weeks weather for driving in traffic looks grooling!
I was free Tuesday but it's looking like a real scorcher.
I am most definitely up for it and don't mind paying the ulez charge or parking for the sake of good Pie and mash and have a meet up.

All the best

Mark

Martin James
Tench

Post by Martin James »

Mark go for it if weather isn't too hot, just wished a I lived closer, though I will be in Sussex on Thursday of next week for three weeks.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Martin James wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:56 pm Mark go for it if weather isn't too hot, just wished a I lived closer, though I will be in Sussex on Thursday of next week for three weeks.
Its all falling into place Martin for sure.
Just sorting out a few of the finer points.
Looking forward to it... by hook or by crook.
Sussex for three weeks... thats great..

Mark

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

GameKeeper wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:08 pm I remember my grandfather taking me to the pie and mash shop in East Ham and a fishmonger nearby always had lots of live eels for sale back in the 50s and 60s
Derek Strittons story about being sent to the eel shop and the " pleasure" of riding on the bus home with a bag of eels trying to get out.

So sad the change from a nuisance to such a rare and under pressure species

Return to “Eel (Anguilla anguilla)”