Carthagena weir

This forum belongs to the River Lea.
Bench
Stickleback

Carthagena weir

Post by Bench »

Thinking of joining this stretch for the winter. Anyone fished this recently?
Thanks

Tizer
Chub

Re: Carthagena weir

Post by Tizer »

I made the mistake of going back to the lea valley last week, Turnford as it happens, first time I have been back in 10 years, I will never go back there again, it was getting bad round there thats why we moved,the lea and lea valley is finished as far as fishing is concerned in my opinion, well not just my opion as it happens, my mate still lives up there and has a few times rang the EA and the clubs that control the Lea from ryehouse down to waltham abbey, (hertford and ware angling clubs) about the eastern europeons he see's lure fishing with nothing but back packs ,no net or mat, he and all the other dog walkers see them all the time at fields weir,A friend of mine told me yesterday that he spoke to a match angler last week that used to go down to the lea at cheshunt to practice, he always caught something when he went........he went back the other week and never had a bite

Tizer
Chub

Post by Tizer »

The bit you are talking about might be the bit that Jerry Hammond owns,which would have at least some sort of protection. good luck

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Kings Weir seems protected!

Bench
Stickleback

Post by Bench »

Yes it is Jerry Hammonds stretch. So hoping that that area has been protected from those awful problems.
Once I go there, I will report back.
Thanks

Return to “River Lea”