Just joined the Traditional Fisherman's Forum, why not pop into this forum and introduce yourself.
Wamfess
Ruffe

Re: New member

Post by Wamfess »

🤗Thanks

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Wamfess wrote: ↑Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:08 pm I live near Alicante and try very hard without much luck if I am honest. Rivers are not great and have more luck in the sea with flies I used off the Irish coast years ago. I learned years ago that it's not all about catching fish, and I am a great believer in catch and release. These days I am more interested in the rods, and tackle in general. I do a lot of research on tackle and I am constantly refered to this forum via the great interwibble in the sky. Without trying to sound condescending I have gained so much from you fellas without even being a member. The advice and knowledge on this forum is second to none which has helped me no end on my research and my rod restoration projects. A big thank you especially to Mark for this and I look forward to much more. I have the time now!
Looking at the map, you seem to be living in a desert with little or no rivers but, the sea around there should be rich with fish. If you do ever venture inland with a rod in the car, I can recommend the river Guadiana is full of fish including several species of barbel.

Enjoy amassing traditional gear, it's almost as good as fishing but casting in your garden get's you some strange looks :Chuckle:

Wamfess
Ruffe

Post by Wamfess »

My garden isn't big enough Dave, you can imagine the looks I get out on the road. The river here is the Segura and its full of fish, but the sea is only really good here around July/Aug when the fish are moving up past us and on to the Baleric Islands, and it's night fishing mostly as the weather is so hot. I really look forward to my visits home to geen pastures and wonderful rivers ad scenery🤗

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

Welcome. It's interesting to hear of places abroad with very different fishing.
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Carry on enjoying the forum! :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

SkimmingTheCream
Chub

Post by SkimmingTheCream »

Welcome to the TFF Wamfess

Silfield
Brown Trout

Post by Silfield »

Hello and welcome :Hat:
“There is certainly something in angling that tends to produce a serenity of the mind.”
Washington Irving

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Welcome Sir... :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

GameKeeper
Bleak

Post by GameKeeper »