Woodchester memories

This forum belongs to Woodchester Lakes.
Trevor
Eel

Re: Woodchester memories

Post by Trevor »

Lovely stuff sir. A chapter from your book?
Woodland lakes and commons like that are the stuff of my dreams.
I've caught a common a bit like that one, but not yet found quite such a stunning pool

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Yes Blackadder, a cut and paste from the Leney chapter.... It's a cheat I know and I wanted to write a new account for this thread having asked for it to be created but work got in the way and the thread has been sitting here unpopulated for too long! best. Skeff

Azur
Dace

Post by Azur »

Place looks magical, Skeff. I love the shot of the pool and boathouse, simply stunning.

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Just what I call " a proper carp lake" - very envious!

Unfortunately I have always been surrounded by gravel pits since I started fishing.

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

Skeff wrote:Yes Blackadder, a cut and paste from the Leney chapter.... It's a cheat I know and I wanted to write a new account for this thread having asked for it to be created but work got in the way and the thread has been sitting here unpopulated for too long! best. Skeff
Not a cheat at all. A fine piece whichever way you look at it!
I remember hearing about Woodchester a couple of years ago and drooling over it.
Reading about it again has fired my imagination once more.
The two places I feel most at peace at are the waterside and in woodland. I don't know if it's a throwback to some ancient in-built connection, a past experience or a even a past life, but if I could find a place that offered both I might just stay there forever!
I really must start searching again

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

lovely looking place

Carp Artist
Arctic Char

Post by Carp Artist »

Spent a night at the Mansion there about 3 years ago with a paranormal group. Nothing happened as usual apart from when I lead a small group along the path and to the boathouse. A vixen let out her mating call and scared off the other members back to the mansion. I stayed on for a while just taking in the atmosphere of the place. A beautiful retreat. Like you said like stepping into another age. A "secret world of wild woods, spirits and adventures".
Not a fish was visible that first time I visited Beechmere; an utter
stillness brooded over the place and I felt the strange and sinister atmosphere which, so the story goes,
has been the cause of several suicides.’
BB – Confessions of a Carp Fisher

Channi
Stickleback

Post by Channi »

most of the big original fish have gone now due to otters on the lakes i'm led to believe still some lovely scaly mirrors in them though

Liphook
Barbel

Post by Liphook »

What a shame the pictures from the original post have gone! I wonder if Skeff you could replace them? I'd be very interested to see them! It sounds a marvellous place :Hat:

Return to “Woodchester Lakes”