Burns night and fly's.

General fly fishing chat area.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Burns night and fly's.

Post by Mr B »

I have just sat down waiting for the haggis to cook and the accompanying veg, sipping a nice single malt and getting in the mood of things.
I thought it would be nice to look at some Scottish flys from one of my books.
I haven't really done much in the way of fly tying of late but thought some of these look interesting.
It made me think about a trip to Scotland... been five years since my last visit..,
Better check the Haggis..
Hears to "The Bard"

Mr B
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Iasgair
Chub

Re: Burns night and fly's.

Post by Iasgair »

Happy Burns night from across the pond.

Its been a long time since I had some good haggis. But I have Scotch, so all is not lost.

Mr. B, that looks like a very interesting book. What's the title of it?
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Ian
Eel

Post by Ian »

Sorry iasgair just seen this. Hope you had a good burns night. Those are good Scottish flies there🔔👍
Don’t cast doubt,cast out.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Iasgair wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:56 pm Happy Burns night from across the pond.

Its been a long time since I had some good haggis. But I have Scotch, so all is not lost.

Hi mate,
Yes, its a great book.. large photos of flys not only from England, Scotland etc but Europe and North America.
Packed with information on fishing tackle both old and new, flycasting and fly tying.
Well worth looking out for a copy.

Tight lines over there mate.

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Iasgair
Chub

Post by Iasgair »

Mr B wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:42 am

Hi mate,
Yes, its a great book.. large photos of flys not only from England, Scotland etc but Europe and North America.
Packed with information on fishing tackle both old and new, flycasting and fly tying.

Mark

Thank you Mr. B. The photos and descriptions of the flies look brilliant.
The Royal Coachman Trude fly caught my eye because here in the Rocky Mountains, Trude flies work very well because they work well on riffled waters, which we have plenty of.
I just ordered the book, and it's a signed copy from the UK. :Thumb: But it won't arrive until April.

Thank you my friend. May your creel be filled with new personal bests. :Hat:
Worry less about who you might offend, and care more about who you might inspire.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Iasgair wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:49 am
Mr B wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 9:42 am

Hi mate,

Mark

Thank you Mr. B. The photos and descriptions of the flies look brilliant.
The Royal Coachman Trude fly caught my eye because here in the Rocky Mountains, Trude flies work very well because they work well on riffled waters, which we have plenty of.
I just ordered the book, and it's a signed copy from the UK. :Thumb: But it won't arrive until April.

Thank you my friend. May your creel be filled with new personal bests. :Hat:
Thats great! Hope you picked up a bargain.. I dont think you will be disappointed.
April! Enjoy the anticipation.... after all thats what we anglers live for..,. The anticipation!

Tight lines and a personal best for you too mate.

Mr B

Return to “General Fly Chat”