Barbel on the Hampshire Avon with Chris and Peter.

This forum belongs to Chris Yates.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: Barbel on the Hampshire Avon with Chris and Peter.

Post by Mr B »

Olly wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 10:13 pm I did Mr. B - - - but this one is now nearing the same price!! Mind you it is for fishing every day of the year - - - - except Xmas Day at a little over £2.20 per day!

I used to smoke - either a pipe or cigarettes - - - that is even more expensive now!!
That puts it into prospective!

Mmm, a bottle of wine a day... £7.00 plus on a good day!!! ...365 days in a year £2,555.. but that's including Christmas... best add on another £100 for friends!!!!
So... £2.20 a day.... Bargain 👍
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Olly
Wild Carp

Post by Olly »

Friends are about £20 per day - up to £50 depending upon where and what you fish for!
But you missed the best - apart from fishing - the lunch!

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Olly wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:24 pm Friends are about £20 per day - up to £50 depending upon where and what you fish for!
But you missed the best - apart from fishing - the lunch!
The lunch!!!! I like it!!! Always the highlight!

To me the fishing sounds dead reasonable in the grand scheme of things in this day an age.
I think us anglers are well catered for in the UK, great fishing and often at a pittance!

Lets count our blessings.

Mr B

Ps.... and lots of it free!
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Return to “Chris Yates”