Success with Pike. Barrie Rickards (missing diagrams)

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Waynee45
Ruffe

Success with Pike. Barrie Rickards (missing diagrams)

Post by Waynee45 »

Hi all, does anyone own this book. I’ve taken to buying a few books on pike and have started reading this one recently only to find the references to various image diagrams are missing. There doesn’t seem to be any pages missing having looked very closely at the innermost and spine of the book, I’m wondering if they just missed them out when printing. Any help greatly appreciated.
Regards
Wayne

Pickerel
Gudgeon

Re: Success with Pike. Barrie Rickards (missing diagrams)

Post by Pickerel »

Hi

I have a copy, if you pm me a list of the missing images I will copy them and send over to you

Regards - Kevin (Pickerel)

Waynee45
Ruffe

Post by Waynee45 »

Pickerel wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:44 pm Hi

I have a copy, if you pm me a list of the missing images I will copy them and send over to you

Regards - Kevin (Pickerel)
Hi Kevin, thank you so much. I will start my list but I haven’t finished the book yet, do you prefer I finish the book and send you a complete list rather then dribs & drabs.
Regards
Wayne

Pickerel
Gudgeon

Post by Pickerel »

Hi Wayne

No problem, that will give me a chance to retrieve the book from my remote library archive (the loft!) where the books reside since a recent house move..😁

Regards- Kevin

John Milford
Grayling

Post by John Milford »

I have a copy of this book Wayne and recall the same puzzlement over references to non-existent diagrams too! I think it must have been a printer's compilation error, missed at the final proof stage.

When I first read it, I was somewhat surprised to find myself in a photo on page 122! I'm the (then) fresh-faced looking cove, grinning in the foreground! :eyebrow:

It was taken in January 1989, when Barrie kindly invited me to join him, Colin Brett and Tim Cole for a day's piking on the Old Bedford. We enjoyed something of a 'red letter' day too, after finding the pike heavily concentrated in just a couple of hundred yards of the river.

Despite their murderous looking scowls in the picture, Colin and Tim were the most convivial company. The bankside fry-up that Tim prepared for us all that day included the best sausages I think I have ever tasted. Happy memories!
A seeker of "the fell tyrant of the liquid plain".

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”