Centaure Pacific in Bronze

The Other Reels forum.
Russell Brown
Rudd

Centaure Pacific in Bronze

Post by Russell Brown »

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Yes,I've shown you quite a few of these before,a Centaure Pacific but in a lovely bronze.When it arrived it was dirty and greasy so lots of washing up liquid and WD40.The bail arm needed a bit of tittification due to it slighty rubbing on the spool.I love the design of the spools that can be spun off anticlockwise without disturbing the drag knob.Curiously,although being of vintage French heritage,perhaps 90% of my Centaure reels have come from the U.S.This one has been nicely engraved by a previous owner.......TTFN 😎

Duckett
Tench

Re: Centaure Pacific in Bronze

Post by Duckett »

I do like the bronze. I have never invested in one but they always look to be solid and well designed. Though, like so many French reels, just a hint of the quirky!

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Russell Brown
Rudd

Re: Centaure Pacific in Bronze

Post by Russell Brown »

Duckett wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:02 pm I do like the bronze. I have never invested in one but they always look to be solid and well designed. Though, like so many French reels, just a hint of the quirky!

Phil
Yes,vintage French reels were very often big on 'quirk'.In my little reference book of French Reels is a crossbow with a small reel attached !!! Some French floats were wonders to behold too,none more so than a fantastic mechanical monstrosity that,when a fish pulled the line,the French tricolor was raised.FABULOUS.

Return to “Other Reels”