Happy Birthday Dick

This forum belongs to Dick Walker.
Pallenpool
Zander

Re: Happy Birthday Dick

Post by Pallenpool »

To RW :Hat:
No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man.

Heraclitus

www.thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk

Northern_Nomad
Arctic Char

Post by Northern_Nomad »

I’m part way through a Walker net commission for a customer. Yet again for the hundreth time I’m reminded what a great innovator and designer he was.

Far, far ahead of his time. :Hat:
"We knelt side by side looking at it. I knew it was big, and suddenly it dawned on me it was more than that. It was tremendous!" - Richard Walker

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

I caught 4 nice trout this morning before breakfast, fishing upstream with a Richard Walker mayfly nymph tied using the original silk that Dick used. I then had eggs, bacon and sausage at the waterside, toasting Dicks memory and birthday with a mug of tea, as I don’t take alcohol. This evening I read the five rules that Dick laid down in Still Water Angling,. They are as true today as the day they were put down on paper all those years ago.

Luga00
Brown Trout

Post by Luga00 »

Martin James wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:06 am Thank you Mark, its also known as Oak Apple Day or Restoration Day, but since I got to know who Water Rail was to me its always Richard Walker Day, as I had my first mug of tea this morning I read the Five Rules from Still Water Angling and thought back to the wonderful days of the fifties not only for angling but general behaviour RIP Richard
Yes, the Five Rules, indeed Martin. They set me on a course for over 50 years of angling philosophy that I still hold to today.
Happy Birthday, and RIP Mr Walker.
Russ

Return to “Dick Walker”