r/askreddit on TFF.

The Other Reels forum.
Willsmodger
Rudd

r/askreddit on TFF.

Post by Willsmodger »

Hi all.

Reminded of a forced sale due to trivial concerns like eating. I'm curious if there's a reel (or rod come to think of it) that you really regret letting go?

All the best
Will.

Russell Brown
Rudd

Re: r/askreddit on TFF.

Post by Russell Brown »

Willsmodger wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:04 am Hi all.

Reminded of a forced sale due to trivial concerns like eating. I'm curious if there's a reel (or rod come to think of it) that you really regret letting go?

All the best
Will.
I don't think I've ever partied with a reel that I regretted selling.Perhaps because I'm fickle,vacuous and shallow I seem to have a 'Favourite Reel Of All Time" about three times a month.🤪

Tengisgol
Barbel

Post by Tengisgol »

Just in case anyone else is wondering (I looked it up), ‘r/AskReddit’ is apparently a page where you can ‘ask thought provoking questions’ of the Reddit community (like a TFF for other people, who do other things).

I regret selling my Sportex glass match rod with a spliced tip - never seen one since.
Where the willows meet the water...

https://sites.google.com/site/tengisgol/

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

Tengisgol wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:55 am Just in case anyone else is wondering (I looked it up), ‘r/AskReddit’ is apparently a page where you can ‘ask thought provoking questions’ of the Reddit community (like a TFF for other people, who do other things).

I regret selling my Sportex glass match rod with a spliced tip - never seen one since.
Thanks for making things easier to understand, Tengisgol. I think I've got it now. :Thumb:
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Santiago
Wild Carp

Post by Santiago »

I regret giving my John Wilson Masterline Avon Quivertip rod (original version ) to my son , who subsequently within days fed it into my wind turbine blades , rendering it surplus to requirements . Otherwise I have never sold off any of my tackle other than floats .
"....he felt the gentle touch on the line and he was happy"

Hemingway

Catfish.017
Eel

Post by Catfish.017 »

Several items for me I'm afraid including a Match Aerial when I was Seventeen , Davenport and Fordham Farstrike Avon(Avocet Clone), Ealing Avon, Sealey Roach. The obverse to this was selling some rarish Vinyl to fund angling purchases, including Jimi Hendrix Electric Ladyland 1 and 2 , Grounghogs Blues Orbituary and Humble Pielive at the Fillmore.

Stingray
Grayling

Post by Stingray »

Some reels of a make/range/type that I really didn't want at the time I got rid but later began (obsessively) collecting that make/range/type and had to buy said reels again not because I particularly liked them but to complete that collection. Sad but true and I suspect others here may have done it too :whistle:

Gear I really like I just don't get rid of (or haven't yet).

JimmyBobkin
Crucian Carp

Post by JimmyBobkin »

Abu 44 reel, Speedia centrepin

Return to “Other Reels”