Abshot 2023.

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Moley
Brown Trout

Abshot 2023.

Post by Moley »

Not been since last year so Fatty was looking forward to a couple of hours here. Pies nestling, tea in jumbo flask tackle sorted.

Fishing must be hard as no one was on the pond on arrival. And so it proved. The bites were just mere subtle twitches, these fish were cautious to say the least.

Top and bottom pole floats were not sensitive enough.....thinking whilst scoffing , a common trait of the Fat Mole, for it is he. Solution, you know when you see the wheels dropping into place In a slot machine, that's what is going on in the head of Fatty.

Reaching for the float tube the answer was contained therein. The Stillwater Blue was designed for fickle fish like this. Presentation was just right for a free falling hard pellets. The fish thought so too:

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

A chap arrived to fish the next swim along with what seemed like an Entourage but despite the numbers supporting him caught nowt.

He did comment about the old tackle being used in an amazed sort of way but seemed happy to chat about old gear. Nice fella :Hat:

Packed in time for tea so all good. It's like being a kid again in that as long as you are not late for tea no questions are asked by Waffen Command. The art of compromise... it's only taken forty years for Matron :Scared: to accept her spouse is a dyed in the wool fisherman but thank the heavens for small wonders. Pappieren still have to be issued mind and subject to task completion to High Command standards but heigh ho, never question things when they go right....EVER!

Acceptance of the status quo :Thumb:

Perhaps Fatty has inadvertently discovered the secret to marital accord....always was a slow learner. Let's face it nearly fifty years to learn how to fish the waggler...the so called easy float method according to the comics. Oh well if Fatty had time to learn more float techniques he could be devastating. :Hahaha:

As ever,....

Moley
Say aye tae'a pie!

Wally Roy
Roach

Re: Abshot 2023.

Post by Wally Roy »

A very entertaining read Moley. I love fishing Abshot.

Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Great stuff my pie chomping chum, I think Abshot has been a bit more difficult this season

Looking forward to reading your Wally exploits very soon and bumping into you along the river my friend
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Lea Dweller
Pike

Post by Lea Dweller »

Well done Moley, adapting to conditions on the day paid handsome dividends! :Thumb: :Hat:
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall!
Confucius

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Very well done. Excellent floats the Stillwater Blue.

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Well done Moley,nice to know that someone can catch tench in these tricky conditions.

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

Well done on getting the method. I'd probably have blanked as I don't have a float that sensitive in my box!
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Martin James
Eel

Post by Martin James »

Malcolm when we meet up I will give you a sensitive float.

MWithell
Chub

Post by MWithell »

I've got some at home but I don't have any in my float box. Perhaps I should. I can remember as a kid using fine line and a tiny float to tempt tench in one lake I fished.
Malcolm

Catching lob-worms is one of the greater Outdoor Sports. It is the most hilarious game in the world (John C Moore)

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”