Greendrake...?

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Mr B
Arctic Char

Re: Greendrake...?

Post by Mr B »

Quality all round....lovely rod.
I had a spoilt cousin who on his birthday had his annual visit to that shop. Although I was a tad jealous he was not only my cousin but best mate.
Very nice.. has the Hardy type ferrels and but end accessory as seen in the Hardy catalogues.
"All round quality cracker"

Mr B.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Thankyou gents... :Hat:
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Demolished in 1972.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

The Gamages Greendrake rod post rebuild and mated with my Altex, many thanks to Old Angler (Rod Storey) for a lovely rebuild... I used it earlier in the week touch legering for Perch on my club lake, as the local rivers were over their banks... 3 Perch was the meagre haul, but the rod is gorgeous and well matched with the Altex... or possibly a Mitchell 314... a smaller pin would be a nice touch too... maybe a 3.5" Hardy Eureka...? Or my 3.5" Allcock Popular
Or a certain old 1947 Rapidex I have in my little collection...😉
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”