Sound: reality and watching films/video/programmes

Watched a good fishing film lately, why not talk about it in here.
RBTraditional
Catfish

Re: Sound: reality and watching films/video/programmes

Post by RBTraditional »

I really think you’re right Phil, it could be all about where you were born and brought up and indeed where you’ve lived since. If you are conditioned to background noise then maybe you are able to “shut it out’. For those of us born & bred and who remain in rural areas many of us would find it obtrusive…
" Angling is not an escape from life, but often a deeper immersion into it..."

https://thepiscatorialraconteurs.co.uk/

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

I enjoy living in rural Derbyshire, its so peaceful and quiet...apart from screeching owls in the early hours, barking fox's in the middle of the night, birds singing their heads off as the sun rises, bleating sheep, mooing cows, the wind blasting through trees :Notlisterning:
Perhaps I'll move to the city :fingertap:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

We have a remarkable human ability to zone out unwanted sounds. In time we can completely ignore the hum and drum of daily life until something flicks a mental switch and you zoom into it, like your phone, your ratchet, or the offer of a drink. When I was in the police, the radio was just background disturbance but your callsign would be honed in on immediately, now retired, I have managed to ignore 95% of what my wife says, give me the M6 any day.

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:57 am I enjoy living in rural Derbyshire, its so peaceful and quiet...apart from screeching owls in the early hours, barking fox's in the middle of the night, birds singing their heads off as the sun rises, bleating sheep, mooing cows, the wind blasting through trees :Notlisterning:
I think I’m correct in saying that composer Gustav Mahler had a hut built in the middle of a lake for composing as he found the bird song disturbed him!

Phil
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

Jeremy Croxall
Zander

Post by Jeremy Croxall »

Duckett wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:32 pm
Jeremy Croxall wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 6:57 am I enjoy living in rural Derbyshire, its so peaceful and quiet...apart from screeching owls in the early hours, barking fox's in the middle of the night, birds singing their heads off as the sun rises, bleating sheep, mooing cows, the wind blasting through trees :Notlisterning:
I think I’m correct in saying that composer Gustav Mahler had a hut built in the middle of a lake for composing as he found the bird song disturbed him!

Phil

Did he shoot all the ducks :Hahaha:
"Oh for want of rod and line I'd fish this stream serene, sublime".

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

Jeremy Croxall wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:16 pm

Phil

Did he shoot all the ducks :Hahaha:
Dinner :Hahaha: :Hahaha:
From "... the wilds of the Wirral, whose wayward people both God and good men have quite given up on ...".

JAA
Crucian Carp

Post by JAA »

Phil
All those cheerful sounding birds probably lifted his mood.
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯ ><(((º>
Cole aka JAA
https://crucians.org/
https://www.anotherangler.net/

Duckett
Tench

Post by Duckett »

JAA wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:10 pm

Phil
All those cheerful sounding birds probably lifted his mood.
So, you’ve also sat through Kindertotenlieder! :Chuckle:

Phil

Return to “Fishing Films”