Decals ?

The Other Traditional Rods forum.
Jeremy.Airey
Minnow

Decals ?

Post by Jeremy.Airey »

Hi Chaps

Can anybody supply with picture of the decals(s) used on a Black Seal rod so I can use as a basis for making up a decal on the pc.
This may not be as straight forward as it sounds as unless somebody has a colour catalogue/advert of this any complete decals wil be wrapped around three or four sides of a split cane handle. Also if possible some measurements height and widths would also help especially if I had to combine two threee images to get a flat printable image.
All these things are possible with the wonders of the PC and I would be happy to upload the final result ifgood enough.

tanks and best regards
Jeremy

Wamfess
Ruffe

Re: Decals ?

Post by Wamfess »

:tea: Hi Jeremy,
I know this is a very old post and it would appear no one replied. I think decals are a controversial topic, but I am certainly interested in what you did achieve. I restore rods and have always managed so far to repair makers labels with sand paper and different inks but it is not easily learned and a time consuming business. Let me know if you get this and if you were successful with your P.C. I am seventy now and a bit old to change my ways but I am interested to know what you achieved.

Regards, Bill

Jeremy.Airey
Minnow

Re: Decals ?

Post by Jeremy.Airey »

Hi Wamfess

In the end I gave up on as I couldn’t Get a copy that was exactly what I wanted and I decided life was too short to mess around with it any more.
BTW I am 69 now and also find some aspects of PC stuff a little frustrating.
Regards
Jeremy

Return to “Other Traditional Cane Rods”