Wallop Brook

The Constable Of Bromley Rods forum.
Ericsbeetle
Stickleback

Wallop Brook

Post by Ericsbeetle »

I was at the Grayling Society Symposium last winter and in the charity Auction there was one of these , I got it at a very good price and added it to my modest collection of bamboo rods , Granted the top droops a bit but its nearly as old as me and probably creaks less and actually isnt to bad at all . I was well pleased , anyway I took it for a run out on a new stream a week or so ago , What a cracking rod. I would post a pic but cant work out how too...there are some pics on my blog though. How do i post a pic? Pic added thanks for the help!!!
Last edited by Ericsbeetle on Mon May 13, 2024 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harry H
Rainbow Trout

Re: Wallop Brook

Post by Harry H »

Have a look on Board index under Help section, there's a how to load pictures on there. :Thumb:
There are three things that improve with age: wine, friendship and water sense, and there's no short cut.
Anthony Shepherdson

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

Ericsbeetle wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:28 pm I was at the Grayling Society Symposium last winter and in the charity Auction there was one of these , I got it at a very good price and added it to my modest collection of bamboo rods , Granted the top droops a bit but its nearly as old as me and probably creaks less and actually isnt to bad at all . I was well pleased , anyway I took it for a run out on a new stream a week or so ago , What a cracking rod. I would post a pic but cant work out how too...there are some pics on my blog though. How do i post a pic?
That sounds an interesting rod and with a bit of charisma to!
I have just spent just five looking at your blog; it really looks very good indeed.
I have saved it on my home screen and will enjoy reading it.. there really is lots of very interesting posts ands links... I clicked on Isaac Walton, started reading and new I will have to come back to it... unfortunately got to go to work..
Well done and keep is posted re rod.

Mr B
Ps... any TFF members reading this.. be sure to home in on the blog.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Ericsbeetle
Stickleback

Post by Ericsbeetle »

Thank you for the kind words on the blog...and i am hoping that the image now shows!!

Tonytoned
Arctic Char

Post by Tonytoned »

Ericsbeetle wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 12:28 pm I was at the Grayling Society Symposium last winter and in the charity Auction there was one of these , I got it at a very good price and added it to my modest collection of bamboo rods , Granted the top droops a bit but its nearly as old as me and probably creaks less and actually isnt to bad at all . I was well pleased , anyway I took it for a run out on a new stream a week or so ago , What a cracking rod. I would post a pic but cant work out how too...there are some pics on my blog though. How do i post a pic? Pic added thanks for the help!!!
Nice to see a fellow fluff chucker on the forum. Excellent Brownie. Superb blog too, just browsed all your post. I will with a cup of tea and have a proper read.
That was interesting about your meeting with Mike Clegg. I have been watching alot of his videos, really interesting.
Many thanks Tony

:Hat:

Ericsbeetle
Stickleback

Post by Ericsbeetle »

The meeting with Cleggi was many years ago but it stuck in my mind . I have been fortunate over the years to meet a few interesting chaps . I met Ollie Edwards a few times an absolute Gent , I met Hugh Falkus once he didn’t want to converse and told me to Fxxxx off .

BoltonBullfinch
Arctic Char

Post by BoltonBullfinch »

Ericsbeetle wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:29 pm The meeting with Cleggi was many years ago but it stuck in my mind . I have been fortunate over the years to meet a few interesting chaps . I met Ollie Edwards a few times an absolute Gent , I met Hugh Falkus once he didn’t want to converse and told me to Fxxxx off .
Brilliant, that last line made me laugh....

Thanks
BB
'We fish a lot' Forrest Gump.

Return to “Constable Of Bromley Cane Rods”