FJ Taylor Roach Rod

The Chapmans Rods forum.
Pandafodder

FJ Taylor Roach Rod

Post by Pandafodder »

Two years ago I decided I wanted An FJ Taylor Roach Rod:, I couldn't find a second hand one for love nor money so I decided to make a new one, Chapmans made the blank for me and I did the rest, While i was building the rod and doing a little research I found It was Chris Yates favourite Barbel rod...And when I first tried it out I realised Why....I have managed to acquire a used one since then that I am restoring at the moment to make a nice pair.....So if you want a cane rod for Barbel fishing this is the one but It will probably have to be a used one as John Chapman told me that if I wanted another FJ blank making.....Well to simplify it I would have to win the lottery.
Here's a Pick.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mark
Head Bailiff

Re: FJ Taylor Roach Rod

Post by Mark »

A lovely rod Pandafodder, welcome to the forum by the way. :thumb:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

Pandafodder

Post by Pandafodder »

Cheers...

Pandafodder

Post by Pandafodder »

Will one with a carp do....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Pandafodder

Post by Pandafodder »

Some of the build....Cant find the rest at the min

Pedro

Post by Pedro »

Pandafodder wrote:Will one with a carp do....
A very impressive rod and what a wonderful photo
Well done indeed

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Very nice indeed - and welcome to the forum.

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

Beautiful work ... and a hearty welcome, Sir.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

SeanM
Tench

Post by SeanM »

Ah well that's another one for my wish list.... :cry:

Welcome aboard
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Greentura
Crucian Carp

Post by Greentura »

very nice Pandafodder, when i was looking for a longer cane rod i was given a FJT to waggle in the back garden of a rod builder friend and knew it was one for me. it took a while to find the first one but now i have a couple myself, one being a Barder restored one and the other two have been rebuilt from very poor examples, only the middle section was used in reality, with hardlon lined lowbells right through to be used as barbel, tench and bream rods. I added a short mid section, uprated the tip sections to Mk4 tips and had short handels made as well. I also have an original handle that was damaged and cut down by a previous owner that i have had refurbished for my Barder rod which makes it easier to use in confined swims. Are you the Pandafodder at Maidstone by the way?

Return to “Chapmans Cane Rods”