Kennet Perfection for sale

The B. James & Sons Rods forum.
The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

Kennet Perfection for sale

Post by The Tuesday Swim »

Gents, its taken me a while to decide on this one but I just don't use it enough so I'm selling my Kennet Perfection Ebay...

http://r.ebay.com/1HeXjP

The reserve is set at £200.00 which I feel is fair.

The rod is in really nice original condition and available to view if anyone wants to give it a waggle....I'm in East London.

ATB

Tadpole

CraigM
Grayling

Re: Kennet Perfection for sale

Post by CraigM »

Looks lovely Tadpole.

Trust you'll be honouring paragraph 226 of the TFF legally binding terms & conditions [which you automatically signed up to when joining this forum] & offering a 75% discount to TFF members .....................

:Hahaha: .

Seriously, best of luck with the sale & a reserve of £200 seems reasonable to me - you're heading towards it already.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Post by PershoreHarrier »

A nice looking rod Tadpole - I acquired mine some years ago and Edward Barder kindly restored it for me. I have used mine mostly on smallish pools where some reasonable tench and bream have made its acquatance together with the odd carp of around the 10lb mark. As a matter of interest my rod has high bell rings and I note your rod has low bells.

I am hoping to visit the Kennet later this year to fish a stretch just outside Teale where Walker & co. spent sometime. Obviously the Kennet Perfection will make the trip but whether it is suitable for double figure Barbel (should one wish to have a photo taken) I don't know.

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

I'm selling a Chapman 500 soon, but I will offer this one here, I will post it up soon, (as long as 226 (b) is removed!...nice try.

The Kennet is a fine rod and I have to agree it is a good tench rod, I wouldn't think it adequate for a large Kennet barbel though.

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

A 500 is on my wish list.... post it up :Beg:
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

Woolly Bear
Chub

Post by Woolly Bear »

Tadpole, lovely rod wouldn't sell it if I was you Sir . Regards . Woolly Bear . :Hat:

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Tadpole - I am concerned about you - selling the James Kennet Perfection and shortly selling a Chapman 500 - are you feeling OK.

I use a Chapman 550 when link ledgering and it is a lovely rod.

What on earth are you using to cause such shattering decisions?

The Tuesday Swim
Grayling

I do have too many rods and I felt that some are not being used at all, rather pass them on and let someone else enjoy.

I don't know what it is but the Chapman doesn't feel right, I prefer a B james Avon which is slightly heavier and for lighter work with a float whole cane with a built tip in a 11' 6 " length. I have a Young's of Harrow which is sublime to use for trotting, the Chapmans is too short for this and a little too light for slightly bigger fish ie chub, barbel where the B james Avon can handle it nicely. Just my opinion.

PershoreHarrier
Rainbow Trout

Tadpole - Have you used a James Avon Perfection? I spent a number of years looking for one but found it somewhat disappointing.

I would agree that the James Avon is a slightly heavier rod than the Chapman 500 rather along the lines of the James MkIV being slightly heavier than the Chapmans 550 but I certainly would not part with the Chapmans 550 which I use with a Mitchell 308.

Return to “B. James & Sons Cane Rods”