ebay ambidex

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
NiceRoach
Eel

ebay ambidex

Post by NiceRoach »

Noticing a trend here where the last of the paint has been removed, to make it trendy and boost prices and have Ambidex 'Terminators'
[ebay] 171019596581[/ebay]
Last edited by NiceRoach on Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
niceroach

Gurn
Chub

Re: ebay ambidex

Post by Gurn »

Sorry fellas, I'm going to say it. I'm not a fan of these stripped down reels at all. All a bit bling, characterless and not traditional at all to me. Give me a beat up old Felton and a battle scarred Amdidex or Mitchell any day.
Last edited by Gurn on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Actually...I think this one is genuine. There's enough old paint present to suggest it's just had a hard life with a sweaty angler.

???

NiceRoach
Eel

Post by NiceRoach »

There's an eBay seller from Donegal doing the 'terminator' job on Ambidex's, be cheaper getting a 'wreck' and doing it yourself * if it's your cup of earl grey* of course - not sure myself yet either
niceroach

Gurn
Chub

Post by Gurn »

Nobby wrote:Actually...I think this one is genuine. There's enough old paint present to suggest it's just had a hard life with a sweaty angler.

???
Would agree with that Nobby. My point was aimed at a few garish jobbies being punted out from the emerald isle of late. Fish scarers, that's what they are. :Sarcasm:

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”