Serial number

The J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels forum.
Hovis
Tench

Serial number

Post by Hovis »

Hi am recently bought an Allcocks match aerial for the bay of E and am very very happy with it. It has been stripped and re greased as well as having a wobble taken out (well to the best of my ability) but on the label on the back there is a serial number. My question is from this number can I find out a little more about the reel i.e. year of manufacture etc...

Many thanks in advance. :Thumb:
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Re: Serial number

Post by AshbyCut »

Do you mean a serial number, Sir ... or the registration number, ie "Regd No 365019" ? If the latter it's the design registration, I believe. Mine has no serial number.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Hovis
Tench

Post by Hovis »

AshbyCut wrote:Do you mean a serial number, Sir ... or the registration number, ie "Regd No 365019" ? If the latter it's the design registration, I believe. Mine has no serial number.
Ashbycut, appologies :oops: you are correct :Thumb: I do mean the Regd No. Can anybody tell me what this means?

Izaak Walton

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

It's the number of the registration of the design with "The Design Council," as far as I know.
"Beside the water I discovered (or maybe rediscovered) the quiet. The sort of quiet that allows one to be woven into the tapestry of nature instead of merely standing next to it." Estaban.

Hovis
Tench

Post by Hovis »

So this means the number is not unique to each reel? Is there a way to tell the age of these lovely reels.

Izaak Walton

AshbyCut
Honorary President

Post by AshbyCut »

If it's a Model C340 (which I believe mine is) then it was listed between 1965 and 1971 ... apparently.

Return to “J. W. Young and Allcocks Reels”