Wild Carp Watersin the far North??

This forum is for discussing carp.
Kingfisher
Catfish

Re: Wild Carp Watersin the far North??

Post by Kingfisher »

GrahamV wrote:
George387 wrote:Graham, there is a pond close to me I used to fish that has got a few wild carp in it, they used to be part of an estate but the estate got bought over and now the fish are left to their own devices, I used to fish it regularly, remind me to show you some pics next time we meet.
Cheers George that would be great, it's been too long since we've had chance to go fishing together mate!! And thanks for the link Matthew, I'll keep an eye out for anything around that would be suitable. For instance my club had a pond that would have been perfect called Lartington High Lake which was an old reservoir for Lartington Hall in Teesdale. It was really old pool and very remote and as far as I know it was never stocked with carp. Sadly the estate was divided up and sold a couple of years ago and I'm not sure who owns the fishing right now, in fact I think it was just advertised as a flighting pond??

Graham

My pleasure Graham. That's a shame about your clubs pond that sounds as though it would have suited us down to the ground. I inquired about one here last night and was told of another very much like it just up the road, the person I asked said niether of them have ever been stocked.

God never did make a more calm, quiet, innocent recreation than angling.

Izaak Walton

GrahamV
Ruffe

Post by GrahamV »

Wow that sounds fantastic it's lovely thought that fingers more waters will be full of these beautiful fish!! :D

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Aspatria near Carlisle? Used to have some fabulous wilds when I live up at Lancaster... Must still be there I hope?

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Skeff wrote:Aspatria near Carlisle? Used to have some fabulous wilds when I live up at Lancaster... Must still be there I hope?
That's the one Skeff, Brayton Pond, still there but with the addition of holiday cabins on the banks and now closed to the general public, holiday makers and syndicate members only now.... boooooo!

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Oh dear....! The idea of cabins sounds horrible. I imagine the carp are still wonderful though?

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Skeff wrote:Oh dear....! The idea of cabins sounds horrible. I imagine the carp are still wonderful though?
They were last time I looked. That is one of them in the photo earlier in this thread. Sorry it's called Brayton 'Park' now, gone all La-di-Dah... ...take a look for yourself; http://www.braytonpark.co.uk/

:Hat:

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Good Lord! That's changed a bit!!! May have to book a lodge for a night on the way to or from Scotland.... Good to see "The Management" are aware of how special their carp are. thanks for the update Scott.

Scott
Tench

Post by Scott »

Skeff wrote:Good Lord! That's changed a bit!!! May have to book a lodge for a night on the way to or from Scotland.... Good to see "The Management" are aware of how special their carp are. thanks for the update Scott.
Welcome Skeff. Funny really that it's ended up like that, the owner is a nice fella, he was always fascinated by my cane rod and would call me a 'proper angler', he's a right Cumbrian red neck, speaks in fierce dialect. If you go be sure to let me know how you get on... :Hat:

Return to “Carp (Cyprinus carpio)”