Lands End Book Launch

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Mario
Eel

Re: Lands End Book Launch

Post by Mario »

its better than first impressions i havent put it down all evening it really is a good read well worth the money

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Thank you sir..... I've been getting some kind comments from the few who have the book already, which is gratifying. I'm really pleased to hear you are enjoying it. Best. Skeff

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Just bought the last leather one (only 60 produced!) :D
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Thanks Snape! I really hope you enjoy the book. I suspect you may not quite have bought the last of the sixty though...

Jenks will know better than me but I thought he had a couple left. I know we were going to run an auction for one in the Autumn in support of the childrens cardiac surgery unit at Bristol Royal Infirmary, where my eldest son Iain went for surgery when he was three, so I'm pretty sure there is still one copy available..... Keep an eye on the Freebird website if interested - It's in a great cause!

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Just to say (in a shamelessly self-publicising sort of way....!) that following the cancellation of the CLA Game Fair due to the glorious summer weather, we are now launching "A fool and his Eel" properly at the Midlands Game Fair at Weston Park in September.... David Miller will be with me and I think he'll be bringing along his latest commission, so that he can work on the painting during the show. That alone is something to which I'm looking forward immensely, let alone the black powder shotguns and the gundog trials.... Regards, Skeff.

Luke
Grayling

Post by Luke »

Sounds good, Skeff. If I get a chance I'll come round and have a look at the book. I'll be there on the Coch-y-Bonddu stand.

Skeff
Crucian Carp

Post by Skeff »

Be great to meet up - I'll find you if you don't find me first! Regards
Skeff

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Snape wrote:Just bought the last leather one (only 60 produced!) :D
The book arrived today and all I say is WOW what a beauty. :D
It comes in a hard case with a velcroed flap and is a true thing of beauty. Can't wait to read it.
I will upload some photos soon.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”