South Weald Brentwood

This forum belongs to other pools and lakes.
Wallyboy Rob
Chub
Location: On the Wally as often as possible ( Portsmouth area)

Re: South Weald Brentwood

Post by Wallyboy Rob »

Aitch wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:01 pm Well... considering that was Pre-Bruce Dickinson Maiden I'm not surprised...🤣
Flares were worn everywhere in those days... gigs, school, out with the lass, even sunday best with a round collared lairy shirt and platforms...🤣🤣🤣
Is that going to be your attire for the Brass Monkey Jolly H
going with the flow - You gotta luv them gonks

"There's no way you're going to get a quote from us to use on your book cover" Metropolitan Police spokesperson
from the back cover of Wall and piece - Banksy

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Well seeing as my flares bit the dust when my waist size hit 30" there's not a lot of chance of that happening eapecially as I'm a 36" waisted chubster nowadays...🤣🤣🤣
Just one more cast love, and I'll be on me way home

Leave nothing but footprints, take nothing but pictures and memories

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Southend Kursaal in the 70's,loads of top bands played there,Ruskin Arms,Green Gate,Rock Garden,great times.I wouldn't be surprised if we were at the same gigs.

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Kursaal, Ruskin, Green Man Leytonstone, Army and Navy Chelmsford, Royal Standard Walthamstow, Wake Arms Epping... all my old stomping ground... from 1974 when I got me Suzuki AP50, through various motorbikes as a "Greaser" long hair, Levi's, Leathers, black Bell Star II with black visor... Aaaah... such happy daze...😜🤣🤣

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Aitch wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:42 pm Kursaal, Ruskin, Green Man Leytonstone, Army and Navy Chelmsford, Royal Standard Walthamstow, Wake Arms Epping... all my old stomping ground... from 1974 when I got me Suzuki AP50, through various motorbikes as a "Greaser" long hair, Levi's, Leathers, black Bell Star II with black visor... Aaaah... such happy daze...😜🤣🤣
I am sure we had the same lukewarm tea at the Kwiksnax in the evening up by the Hollow Ponds. Honda 500-4.
Glad that we all defied the odds and we are all here to talk about fishing,

Aitch
Pike

Post by Aitch »

Yup... Suzuki GS550 Quiksnakz, High Beech tea hut and Heston services, as well as the Kia-Ora cafe and the Cross Keys...
Aaaahh such fun in those days...
Sadly a few never made it to sit and natter about fishing...
Nowadays I just cruise about gently, instead of hooning about emulating the late, great and mostly long gone, racers of my era...
Nostalgia ain't what it used to be :Hat:

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Early 70s, Lea Bridge Road just up from the Quicksnakz. Note the sea socks over the wellies!

The " top pond" dried up in the hot summer of 76. I think our friend Steve assisted the carp over the 200 yds to the Hollow Ponds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fredline
Tench

Post by Fredline »

Surely you rock fans frequented the Bridge House, Canning Town? Power Pack were the very good resident band but many "stars" played there in its last few years.
If you have no grease with you, and your rings are full of ice, do not cut out the ice with a pen-knife but get your man to put the rings one by one in his mouth, and so to thaw the ice.
John Bickerdyke.

Ian.R.McDonald
Chub

Post by Ian.R.McDonald »

Fredline wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:49 am Surely you rock fans frequented the Bridge House, Canning Town? Power Pack were the very good resident band but many "stars" played there in its last few years.
I remember going there to a gig on a Saturday night - some ex Whitesnake members - it was Monday before my hearing came back and I was able to stop lip reading people.

Grumpy
Arctic Char

Post by Grumpy »

Deep Purple at the Kursaal blew my ears apart.Likewise Samson with Bruce Dickinson at the Rock Garden.Don't think my ears have been the same since!
Motorhead were always good to get the ears ringing.Happy,happy days. :rock:

Return to “Other Pools and Lakes”