P.G,s Relum

The Other Reels forum.
Wallys-Cast
Pike

Re: P.G,s Relum

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Mr B wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:10 pm The reel looks great, very classy like Mr Green himself.
I had a Relum 22 air rifle for my 14th birthday.
My mum still has it under her bed! ( she,s 87 now, just for target practice)
Relum made quite lot if out doorsy stuff or got it made. Spain?

Mr B.
Yes Relum were good suppliers of "boys stuff"
Wal.
Last edited by Wallys-Cast on Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kev D
Chub

Post by Kev D »

Eek. I thought guns were a forbidden topic on TFF!
In order to shoot some close-ups, wildlife photographer ,the late Len Scapstillon, lured the orca to him by dressing as a seal.......

Wallys-Cast
Pike

Post by Wallys-Cast »

Kev D wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:13 am Eek. I thought guns were a forbidden topic on TFF!
Oops sorry, now edited.

Wal.

Mr B
Arctic Char

Post by Mr B »

I think I might have said on a similar topic that my eldest daughter worked with his wife.
Interesting reels... it seems after reading other post in TFF that they were Czechoslovakian, later made in India?
I do find it interesting what some of our British celebrities used. They are just people though and anglers too. I imagine Peter Green was a chilled out kind of man on the bank.
Chas and Dave were keen anglers, would like to know what they used.

Mr B
Last edited by Mr B on Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The close season is an important and interesting time for the Angler who set out to catch big fish. It is a timely opportunity for him to make new tackle or renovate old. There are no end of jobs to do, apart from those horrible things called Gardens!

Martin James
Tench

Post by Martin James »

I find the check leaver is very hard to use these days, when switching from free spool to ratchet, for the past couple of years, I have had the reel for about 12 years no problem. so mine looks as if its going in the scrap bin, as some good engineers have said its a bad design.

Wanderer
Arctic Char

Post by Wanderer »

Martin James wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 6:45 pm I find the check leaver is very hard to use these days, when switching from free spool to ratchet, for the past couple of years, I have had the reel for about 12 years no problem. so mine looks as if its going in the scrap bin, as some good engineers have said its a bad design.
Take little notice of the "good engineers" Martin, if you like the reel and have used it for 12 years without problem, then stick with it.

Personally, I find them rather attractive reels and although I have never owned one, I think if I came across one at the right price I would snap it up. :Thumb:
"Not all those who Wander are Lost !"

Return to “Other Reels”