‘Old Angler Rambling’ by Peter Rolfe

Discuss all your fishing books & magazines here.
Catfish.017
Eel

Re: ‘Old Angler Rambling’ by Peter Rolfe

Post by Catfish.017 »

I'm halfway through the book now and thoroughly enjoying it. I particularly liked the chapter on water plants where he wrote of his fondness for Sweet Flags. We had a bed of them on the Park Lake at Brynmill although as youngsters we didn't know them as such and the swim was called "The Reeds" . But the sweet fruity scent was unmistakeable particularly in Autumn as they began to die back. The little Perch loved hanging around them and us lads were always jostling for the best spots along the bed!

Troydog
Tench

Post by Troydog »

Great story Catfish.017 ! These recommendations are good enough for me. I am confident that Santa will squeeze this book into my sack …..
Trouble is, the fish just don't read the books......
John Harding

Watermole+
Chub

Post by Watermole+ »

My copy arrived this morning..Very much looking forward to a quiet evening to start reading.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? Yet one of them shall not fall without your Father knoweth" ..Jesus of Nazareth, King James AV

MrCrabtree
Rudd

Post by MrCrabtree »

Thanks for letting us know about the book JAA. I ordered 4 copies directly from Peter. My own (gift from my wife to me) and three as Christmas gifts for angling friends.
Without your post I wouldn't have known about it.
The books have arrived but unfortunately as it is a present from my wife I cannot read it yet( but I had a quick peek).

JAA
Crucian Carp

Post by JAA »

MrCrabtree wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 10:01 am Thanks for letting us know about the book JAA. I ordered 4 copies directly from Peter. My own (gift from my wife to me) and three as Christmas gifts for angling friends.
Without your post I wouldn't have known about it.
The books have arrived but unfortunately as it is a present from my wife I cannot read it yet( but I had a quick peek).
:Hat:
¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸,.·´¯ ><(((º>
Cole aka JAA
https://crucians.org/
https://www.anotherangler.net/

GameKeeper
Bleak

Post by GameKeeper »

Just ordered my copy

Return to “Fishing Books and Magazines”