Impossible?

This forum is for discussing roach.
Hovis
Tench

Re: Impossible?

Post by Hovis »

MMMMMMMMM the Frome you say?
I have laid aside business, and gone a'fishing.

Izaak Walton

JerryC
Crucian Carp

Post by JerryC »

Blackadder wrote:
JerryC wrote:In my local ish areas down South, the Thames, Kennet, Loddon, H Avon, D Stour, Itchen, & Test with smaller 2's at least in the some of the other Thames tribs if you can find them. Location and hard work is everything.
Any chance of sat nav co-ordinates? :Chuckle:
No probs, just head for *** *** and you'll probably be as close as I was trying to find that pond near Banbury :Wink:
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything...........

Trevor
Eel

Post by Trevor »

JerryC wrote:
Blackadder wrote:
JerryC wrote:In my local ish areas down South, the Thames, Kennet, Loddon, H Avon, D Stour, Itchen, & Test with smaller 2's at least in the some of the other Thames tribs if you can find them. Location and hard work is everything.
No probs, just head for *** *** and you'll probably be as close as I was trying to find that pond near Banbury :Wink:
:Hahaha: it was worth it once you found it though, what with all the fish we caught

JerryC
Crucian Carp

Post by JerryC »

Blackadder wrote:
JerryC wrote:
Blackadder wrote:
:Hahaha: it was worth it once you found it though, what with all the fish we caught
Yes, my arms are still aching but only from lifting the generous portions of loops breakfast............I'll be bullshining my grandchildren for years to come about the one the got away (although not in the same league of young Merlot's on the Kennet some months later) :Chuckle:
If you understand what you’re doing, you’re not learning anything...........

DaceAce
Eel

Post by DaceAce »

Hovis wrote:MMMMMMMMM the Frome you say?
There are a few big roach left in all the venues mentioned but locating them isn't always easy! Some stretches of water are private and will stay that way. Others are free/day ticket but very heavily fished by those in the know who will fish when it's just right. To be honest you're better off on local waters trying to sort out the better than average ones and cherishing the ones over a pound which is mainly what I do now. Many formerly famous venues produce just a handful of big roach a season which makes it very hit and miss.

Michael
Tench

Post by Michael »

JerryC wrote:
Blackadder wrote:
JerryC wrote:
Blackadder wrote:
Yes, my arms are still aching but only from lifting the generous portions of loops breakfast............I'll be bullshining my grandchildren for years to come about the one the got away (although not in the same league of young Merlot's on the Kennet some months later) :Chuckle:
My stomach hasn't got over your grub yet......I mean size and good quality...
It still brings tears to my eyes Jerry, I still cant speak about it.................................................. :Hahaha:

Return to “Roach (Rutilus rutilus)”