Redmire Tea.....

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Haydn Clarke

Re: Redmire Tea.....

Post by Haydn Clarke »

Twnings Assam makes a good cup. Like my tea super-strong and with just the very minimum of milk — in fact just show it the milk bottle and that's enough!

One tea I was convinced I was going to like, but absolutely hated, was Lapsang souchong. For an idea of what it tastes like, imagine licking and rubbing a charred log all over your lips. And that's only half as bad.

J.T
Catfish

Post by J.T »

Tetley Lemon Green tea for me chaps. :hat:
"piscator non solum piscatur"

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

Whittard's breakfast Earl Grey (strong Earl Grey) is first choice but a good cup of Assam isn't far behind and at a push Yorkshire tea.
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

GloucesterOldSpot

Post by GloucesterOldSpot »

Haydn Clarke wrote:Twnings Assam makes a good cup. Like my tea super-strong and with just the very minimum of milk — in fact just show it the milk bottle and that's enough!

One tea I was convinced I was going to like, but absolutely hated, was Lapsang souchong. For an idea of what it tastes like, imagine licking and rubbing a charred log all over your lips. And that's only half as bad.
It's an acquired taste, but I often substitute my usual black coffee for LS in a flask. As Neil Patterson said, it's an outdoor drink.

I used to make my tea in a large enamel mug on one of those little French Gaz stoves; once the water began to boil I'd turn off the heat, leave for two minutes, remove tea bag and add milk. Saved carrying around a kettle - though the water is always the most irritating, heavy and awkward thing to lug about. I used to use lake/river water as a matter of course, but stopped after using Lodge Pond water - the resulting brew tasted like cooked manure with a film of halibut pellet oil.

Return to “Redmire Pool”