Redmire 2013 and beyond

This forum belongs to Redmire Pool.
Trevor
Eel

Re: Redmire 2013 and beyond

Post by Trevor »

St.John wrote:
Dave Burr wrote:You have to remember that Redmire is not a 'natural' water as it has been stocked with just carp. I know it has gudgeon and eels and a couple of chub but for a water to have such a narrow ecology although not unique it is unnatural and that has a bearing in its potential. Whether the early fish bred successfully or not I don't know, maybe there were more eels that destroyed much of the spawn but there did seem to be fewer but larger fish in the pool in the early days.

In my unscientific opinion, were a lot of the smaller carp to be removed and a predator such as perch introduced then the fry numbers would be kept low and the bigger fish would ultimately reach bigger sizes - but still be difficult to catch.

And its Bob Reynolds not Roberts - sooo much difference between the two :Chuckle:

And Mazza, trust me, not every fish gets caught :Wink:
Richards??!!
:Hahaha: I think some of you should stop toasting Bobs catch now!

Mario
Eel

Post by Mario »

lets hope there is an uncought moster that does not get cought as the same may be said for the pool where I fish

St.John
Tench

Post by St.John »

Blackadder wrote:
St.John wrote:
Dave Burr wrote:You have to remember that Redmire is not a 'natural' water as it has been stocked with just carp. I know it has gudgeon and eels and a couple of chub but for a water to have such a narrow ecology although not unique it is unnatural and that has a bearing in its potential. Whether the early fish bred successfully or not I don't know, maybe there were more eels that destroyed much of the spawn but there did seem to be fewer but larger fish in the pool in the early days.

In my unscientific opinion, were a lot of the smaller carp to be removed and a predator such as perch introduced then the fry numbers would be kept low and the bigger fish would ultimately reach bigger sizes - but still be difficult to catch.

And its Bob Reynolds not Roberts - sooo much difference between the two :Chuckle:

And Mazza, trust me, not every fish gets caught :Wink:
Richards??!!
:Hahaha: I think some of you should stop toasting Bobs catch now!
huzzah!!
"Be patient and calm-for no man can catch fish in anger."

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

Post by The Sweetcorn Kid »

You'll see come November, from the shallows, with a Mark Iv Avon, an Ambidex and in the very same net the last biggun went into.

I believe Sin, I know him fairly well, well enough to know he isn't one to spin a yarn when it comes to stuff like this, straight as a die. I also know the pool fairly well, and there is something it's not telling me, well, it hasn't yet, but it will, that I'm sure of.
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Click here for my Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeoyLH ... 5H4u8sTDgA

Mark
Head Bailiff

Post by Mark »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:You'll see come November, from the shallows, with a Mark Iv Avon, an Ambidex and in the very same net the last biggun went into.

I believe Sin, I know him fairly well, well enough to know he isn't one to spin a yarn when it comes to stuff like this, straight as a die. I also know the pool fairly well, and there is something it's not telling me, well, it hasn't yet, but it will, that I'm sure of.
Do you need a gillie SK. :Chuckle:
Mark (Administrator)

The most precious places in the English landscape are those secretive corners,
where you find only elder trees, nettles and dreams. (BB - Denys Watkins-Pitchford).

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

If I could take you I would Mark, all of you!!! :Wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

“Imagination is the real magic that exists in this world. Look inwards to see outwards. And capture it in writing.”

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Dave Burr
Honorary Vice President

Post by Dave Burr »

Well done Sin, you noticed my deliberate mistake. It is of course Bill Pritchard not what I said :Chuckle:

StalkingLuke
Crucian Carp

Post by StalkingLuke »

The Sweetcorn Kid wrote:You'll see come November, from the shallows, with a Mark Iv Avon, an Ambidex and in the very same net the last biggun went into.

SK you are really building the pressure upon yourself now and come November if you fail to catch the fabled four foot common, I fear you may never be able to show your face here again! :Chuckle:
Never test the depth of the water with both feet.

The Sweetcorn Kid
Wild Carp

I'll take my chances Mr Luke. :Wink:
SK
The Compleat Tangler

Nigel 'Fennel' Hudson

Snape
Bailiff

Post by Snape »

SK you need to fish with gudgeon heads to catch the four foot common. :shocked:
A serious eel angler I know uses them for big eel hunting but catches more 20lb + carp on them than eels!
“Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers,” Herbert Hoover.
`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>

Return to “Redmire Pool”