Speedia reels, want a shallower arbour ?

The Speedia Reels forum.
MacMan
Dace

Re: Speedia reels, want a shallower arbour ?

Post by MacMan »

For the wide spool.

Can someone get a set of vernier calipers and measure the diameter between the plates of the spool. Also need to do a rough measurement with verniers of the distance between the outside of two opposite arbour posts, I presume they are 10 post reels.

in mm of course

Matt

SeanM
Tench

Post by SeanM »

Thanks Matt!

Count me in for one.

I'll keep looking for a local printer anyway so we might be able to setup a source in the UK for forum members if you're OK with it.
Quot homines, tot sententiae.

Frenchman

Post by Frenchman »

MacMan wrote:For the wide spool.

Can someone get a set of vernier calipers and measure the diameter between the plates of the spool. Also need to do a rough measurement with verniers of the distance between the outside of two opposite arbour posts, I presume they are 10 post reels.

in mm of course

Matt
I don't have any :Cry:

MacMan
Dace

Post by MacMan »

I've done a prototype which I will send with the narrow spool ones, used 1 inch = 25.4mm, and then trimmed a touch off that, have to presume that the pillars/arbour posts are at the same radius and are the same thickness. From the YUKU site I can't guarantee that they are :(

Postage to UK will cost me around 12 GBP, otherwise it will cost you whatever it costs Nobby to post them to each of you at the locat rate. I'm not charging anything for the actual item.

Matt

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

I believe I can post a pair on by Small Parcel Second Class for £2.60, or just £3 Small Parcel First Class. The size of SP has been increased lately, but letter post reduced, so they can't go in an envelope.

Sorry, but I don't have a Speedia wide-drum to measure for you MM, but I've an idea they are more than an inch between spool sides.

Frenchman

Post by Frenchman »

Ok a ruler ain't a set of vernier calipers but I get the wide drum at an inch.

Nobby
Wild Carp

Post by Nobby »

Righto, my mistake...I've only ever held one ( then went home leaving a bid that got bettered :Cursing: )

Chavender
Eel

Post by Chavender »

MacMan wrote:I've done a prototype which I will send with the narrow spool ones, used 1 inch = 25.4mm, and then trimmed a touch off that, have to presume that the pillars/arbour posts are at the same radius and are the same thickness. From the YUKU site I can't guarantee that they are :(

Postage to UK will cost me around 12 GBP, otherwise it will cost you whatever it costs Nobby to post them to each of you at the locat rate. I'm not charging anything for the actual item.

Matt
the narrow drum and wide drum measurements are pretty standard accross both ranges of speedia's old standard speedia's and the later improved model.the pillers are pretty much the same radius and dia from the mk11 original standard speedia's onwards .the piller count went up from eight too ten from the mk3 original standard speedia's giving a less angled (threatney bit effect creases to lines) line lay and better radius

the only reels that fall out of the range is the first couple of models from the original standard run of reels ,especially the first flatback model as it only had eight line lays that was very thin and a shallower arbor /linelay
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! Steve

Chevin
Brown Trout

Post by Chevin »

Well if someone getting orders together you can put me down for one.
"A float tip is pleasing in its appearance and even more pleasing in its disappearance"

H.T. Sheringham

GarryProcter
Arctic Char

Post by GarryProcter »

Me too - I would like one for a narrow drum. This is wonderfully kind of you Matt (and Nobby).

Return to “Speedia Reels”